Job#: 1261227 Job Description: Malware Analyst Location:
Beltsville, MD or Rosslyn, VA (hybrid remote)
***All interested and qualified candidates can please contact Schuyler Moose at email@example.comOverview:
Apex Systems, the nation's second largest IT staffing and technology services firm, has an immediate opening for a mid level and senior level Malware Analyst. Our client is looking for the next person to become part of their Department of State (DoS) Diplomatic Security Cyber Mission (DSCM) program providing leading cyber and technology security experience to enable innovative, effective, and secure business processes. The DCSM program encompasses technical, engineering, data analytics, cybersecurity, management, operational, logistical, and administrative support to aid and advise DoS Cyber & Technology Security (CTS) Directorate. This includes protecting a global cyber infrastructure comprising networks, systems, information, and mobile devices all while identifying and responding to cyber risks and threats. Those supporting the DSCM program strive to leverage their expert knowledge and propose creative solutions to real-world cybersecurity challenges. Description:
CIRT uses a combination of network, host - based, on - premises and cloud security tools to perform near real - time detection, collection, analysis, correlation and reporting of system security events that pose a threat to the Department's networks, data, and assets.
The mission of the CIRT is to work closely with internal and external entities to:
- Monitor all available Department computer environments for malicious activity;
- Respond to and assist with the resolution of any suspected or successful cyber security breach or violation;
- Share knowledge and intelligence gained from cyber security events with stakeholders; and
- Protect against and prevent potential cyber security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Detect, classify, process, track, and report on cyber security events and incidents
- Coordinate and collaborate with Department teams as needed to analyze and respond to events and incidents
- Perform triage, network monitoring and response capabilities 24x7x365
- Monitor and triage the CIRT hotline, email inboxes, and fax
- Create tickets and initiate workflows as instructed in SOPs
- Report incident information to the U.S. CERT
- Collaborate with other local, national and international CIRTs as directed
- Deliver and oversee remediation activities
- Always maintain a minimum of two staff on shift.
- Render technical assistance for criminal investigations and non - security related operational events as needed
- Escalate events to malware analysts for further investigation
- Identify and recommend new techniques for inclusion in monitoring strategy
- Conduct advance analysis and recommend remediation steps for cyber security events and incidents
- Participate in research and implementations of new security tools and techniques
- Identify advanced techniques and coordinate to improve incident response capabilities
- Coordinate with DS/CTS/CMO/CO Division to create and deploy new signatures on existing toolsets
- CIRT serves as the central reporting point for cyber security incidents within the DOS and is designated as the primary security operation center (SOC) for reporting cyber security incidents to U.S. CERT.
- The CIRT toolset includes common cyber defense and response technologies including network and host - based IDS/IPS, endpoint detection and response agents, big data log aggregation and alert management, packet capture and a variety of tools to perform malware analysis.
- Note that the Cyber Operations Division is responsible for maintaining the toolset. CIRT produces several standard reports along with as needed requested reports and distributes them to DOS organizations and senior executives.
- Candidates must be able to obtain and/or maintain a Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance as a condition of employment.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org