At Leaf Home Solutions people are at the heart of everything we do, and we've crafted a team of the very best to ensure we make a difference... both to the homeowners we support and the staff that's at the heart of it all. We are driven by the hard-working and creative individuals that are passionate about their careers and what they do. LeafFilter Gutter Protection seeks to provide the best gutter cover solution paired with an outstanding customer service experience from beginning to end. Leaf Home Safety Solutions installs accessibility solutions like stair lifts, walk-in tubs, and walk-in showers to enhance the safety and comfort of our customers in the homes they love. Position Summary
Leaf Home Solutions is a rapidly growing Direct to Consumer Business that specializes in marketing and selling products that enhance the home. Leaf Home Solutions is looking for a highly creative and talented mechanical engineer with an entrepreneurial spirit who is looking to be a part of a fun and dynamic team. We are located in Hudson, Ohio and are currently seeking a highly motivated, mid-level Mechanical Engineer to join our team. If you are passionate about all things engineering and converting "what-if" concepts into working and useful solutions that help shape the future, we are interested in hearing from you.
Applicants should have a passion for creating new ideas and trying to figure out "what's next?" Applicants must be super creative and comfortable working in various stages of a project ranging from early product conceptualization to initial sourcing and/or contract manufacturing. Your drive, creativity and passion for bringing product concepts and experiences to life will be essential to your position. Within your role you will be expected to collaborate with internal/external engineers, Industrial Designers, researchers, project teams internal/external, service, customers and sales. If you are self-motivated, creative and looking to work with a fun, but focused group in a strong team environment, we'd like to hear from you. Sense of humor and willingness to step up to the fast-paced game are pluses! Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Experience and Minimum Qualifications
- Clearly and effectively articulate ideas, professional opinions, and recommendations to internal and internal multi-disciplinary teams and stakeholders.
- Contribute a creative outlook to bring exciting innovative solutions into each project.
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively through hand-sketching and study models to quickly communicate ideas.
- Construction of robust 3D models.
- Design of mechanism-based assemblies.
- Strong 3D modeling skills to faithfully document surface geometry.
- Understanding and empathy for the final user experience and overall value chain.
- Self-motivated commitment to hard work and effective time management.
- At times, lead and manage external and internal stakeholders to drive an initiative to complete a project.
- Simultaneously work on multiple projects aligned with business affiliate objectives with internal and external product development team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- You will report to the VP of Product Development and will interact with internal/external within the product development team members from Industrial Design, Engineering and Usability as well as external contract manufacturers and other vendors.
- Must be an advanced user of AutoCAD 2D/3D, Solidworks, ProE and or Ansys.
- Must have advanced skills with 3D surfacing and top-down modeling.
- Experience designing mechanisms required.
- Experience with injection molding required.
- Ideal applicants will have a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Must have portfolio of past projects that showcases a thoughtful creative process.
- The position is full-time, and salary will align with your experience and skill.
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Overtime/Additional Hours Requirements
- Less than 10% domestic travel required.
- Additional Hours May Be Required (Exempt Positions)
LeafFilter Company Overview Why Work at LeafFilter?
- Normal Office Environment
- Indoor work in a climate-controlled environment.
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
LeafFilter Gutter Protection has cultivated a passionate and inspired team with the support of an excellent workplace culture. People are at the heart of everything we do, and we've crafted a team of the very finest to ensure we make a difference...both to the homeowners we support and to the staff that's at the heart of it all. Are you looking for a workplace with excellent culture, benefits, and opportunities for advancement? How about weekly pay, casual dress, and a fun work environment? Because we're looking for someone just like you to make our team extraordinary. Are we your company?
LeafFilter is dominating the gutter protection industry and we continue to grow. We work hard and play harder. We're a big company with a small company feel. We have ambition and drive and we're in constant development. For us, we strive to be better than the best and we want you to join in our success! LeafFilter is the #1 rated gutter guard system in the nation as evaluated by the leading consumer publication. Since 2005, LeafFilter has grown from one small office in Hudson, OH to North America's largest gutter protection company and a leader in the home improvement industry. From marketing to sales, installation, and service, we have the best team, right along with the best gutter protection solution.
For more information about Leaf Home Solutions and our growing organization, please visit . Leaf Home Safety Solutions Company Overview Why Work at Leaf Home Safety Solutions?
Behind every great brand is an incredible team of thinkers with a hunger for success. At Leaf Home Safety Solutions (a Leaf Home Solutions Company), a talented and inspired team fuels our brand behind the scenes. Leaf Home Safety Solutions has cultivated a passionate and inspired team with the support of an excellent workplace culture. People are at the heart of everything we do, and we've crafted a team of the very best to ensure we make a difference... both to the homeowners we support and the staff that's at the heart of it all. Are you looking for a workplace with excellent culture, benefits, and opportunities for advancement? How about weekly pay, casual dress, and a fun work environment? Because we're looking for someone just like you to make our team extraordinary. Are we your company?
Life is full of uncertainties, but whether you can stay in the home you love shouldn't be one of them. Leaf Home Safety Solutions installs accessibility solutions like stair lifts, walk-in tubs, and walk-in showers to enhance the safety of our customers in the homes they love. As such, we strive to assemble a team of caring and compassionate individuals that share our mission of empowering homeowners. From our corporate team to our local teams, we've crafted a team of the very finest... and we hope you'll be joining that team! What do we offer?
LeafFilter Awards and Accolades (2020)
- Industry leading compensation package
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits after 90 days
- 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness programs
- Endless opportunity for growth and advancement
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
- Inc. 5000's fastest growing companies in America for eight straight years
- Qualified Remodeler Magazine's Top 500 List: 4th Largest Remodeler
- Remodeling Magazine's Top 550 List: 2nd Largest Remodeler
- Top Workplace by Cleveland Plain Dealer
Leaf Home Solutions is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an environment that embraces differences and fosters inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Leaf Home Solutions will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, results of genetic testing, veteran status, or physical/mental disability (except where the disability prevents the individual from being able to perform the essential functions of the job and cannot be reasonably accommodated in full compliance with the law).