Mid-Level QC Tester - Washington DC Residents Only
FEi is a leading IT company specializing in Federal and Local Government data system solutions. For the past decade we have maintained a leading position in providing programming and consulting services in our primary areas of expertise- Behavioral Health Data Systems, and Clinical Trials Software Solutions for institutional systems of care.
At FEi Systems, we recognize that our employees are an important part of our success. We promote a team environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve professional and personal success. Currently FEi is looking for highly skilled, self-motivated and creative individuals to join our talented team of experts. FEi is an equal opportunity employer that believes in growing and promoting a diverse work force. Our employee compensation and benefits package is competitive within the industry and is designed to help employees meet varying needs throughout their careers and lives. If you're looking for a rewarding work environment that will challenge your mind and expand your horizons, then joining the FEi team may be right for you.
This individual works in a team environment and will be responsible for planning and conducting a wide range of quality control tasks, including analyzing requirements, test planning and strategy, developing and executing tests, evaluating results and reporting, and promoting organizational and product integrity.
* Review documentation to understand testing requirements, test environments and objectives
* Use standardized testing methods, tools and procedures to ensure testing is efficient, effective and comprehensive
* Adhere to a unified team process
* Translate requirements into detailed test plans and test cases
* Execute manual/automated test plans
* Perform tests in terms of functionality, reliability, stress, and compatibility
* Document, troubleshoot, track and resolve requests and issues on a timely basis
* Ensure web applications are cross-browser/cross-platform compatible and respond accordingly to compatible devices and tablets
* Work with users to support User Acceptance Testing, Training, and more
* Advise Test Manager/Project Manager regarding overall quality of project and state of work
* Raise outstanding issues through established project management channels, as per project plan
* Self-motivating with excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work with and mentor other team members
* Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
* Positive attitude and driven
* Ability to read and understand workflow diagrams
* Ability to think abstract - "outside the box
* Passionate about product success
* Ability to handle overlapping assignments
* Ability to manage and oversee team member efforts
* Ability to understand and promote process improvements as needed supported by team
* Experience in automated testing
* 4-7 years of experience working as a software QC Tester
* At least 3-4 years of experience in Testing Web based applications
Preferred Technology Skills/Experience:
* Visual Studio 2010/2012
* Microsoft Test Manager
* Team Foundation Server (TFS)
* Experience with manual and automation testing (automation highly preferred)
* Experience and understanding of agile development life cycle
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology related field (preferred)
Location: Washington, DC, Full time position with full company benefits.
NOTICE: EO/AA/VEVRAA/Disabled Employer - Federal Contractor. FEi Systems participates in E-Verify, a federal program that enables employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States by providing the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS at (888) 464-4218.
Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, disability, or genetic information, except where it relates to a bona fide occupational qualification or requirement.