VariQ has an opening for a Mid-Level Software Developer
supporting the Cloud Migration and O&M of the Infrastructure Protection (IP) Gateway system for Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
. Additional Information:
- Security Clearance: ability to attain a DHS EOD clearance required
- Available: ASAP
- Location: Rockville MD (first ~90 days) with up to 100% remote (dependent upon performance)
- Salary: dependent upon experience
- Develops, enhances, and maintains an enterprise application software in an agile development environment
- Analyzes client requirements and designs solution using security and software best practices
- Documents software architecture and design
- Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications
- Performs and automates unit tests for developed software
- Assists in software and application design, development, enhancement, debugging, support, and testing
- Researches, tests, builds, and assists with the conversion or integration of new products based on client requirements
- Participates in development of software user manuals and technical reports
- 4+ years of experience in software development required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Cyber or related discipline required
- Working knowledge with 1 or more of the following technologies:.Net, ColdFusion, Apex, and Java
- Working knowledge of Agile, CI/CD, DevOps etc.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud environments required
- Previous DHS experience highly desired
- Experience in the development of formal functional requirements as well as agile user stories.
- Experience in developing mockups, demo screens, and wire frames.
- Familiarity with agile requirements management tools such as JIRA.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.