Summit Technologies, Inc. has a full-time position for a Mid-Level Splunk Engineer in Washington, DC. This is a government position that requires that you be eligible for a Public Trust Clearance.
Security Engineers on our team provides technical leadership to the Information Security team enhancing the organizations Information Technology Infrastructure. Responsibilities include gathering and analyzing security specific requirements, identifying gaps in the security architecture and developing solutions to best address any identified gaps, performing root cause analysis on any operational security issue, function as an information security risk manager, and serve as a security subject matter expert for the customer’s operational security program.
- The successful candidate must have significant familiarity with IT infrastructures, including a variety of networks, servers, and databases.
- Must have 3 years of experience working with SPLUNK.
- Solid understanding of logging technologies (syslog, Windows and UNIX native logging)
- Extensive knowledge of a tiered Splunk installation; indexers, forwarders, search heads, clusters and be familiar with Splunk architecture and best practices
- Driving and managing the technology evaluation and integration of add-ons for Splunk.
- Standardize Splunk forwarder deployment, configuration and maintenance across a variety of platforms
- Ability to apply hot fixes/upgrades
- Create data retention policies and perform index administration, maintenance and optimization
- Must have strong communication skills and a solid understanding of IT Security concepts to include vulnerability & patch management, security operations, Incident Management and Incident response.
- The candidate must be able to work with other team members and groups, work with competing priorities, and possess strong customer focus. Prior experience in a Security Operation Center (SOC) or SOC leadership experience is a plus.
- Background in systems engineering, requirements analysis and synthesis.
- Operational security & incident response experience with tools such as IDS, Antivirus, Vulnerability Scanners, SIEM.
- Relevant security certifications (CISSP, CISSP-ISSEP, CISSP-ISSAP, GSEC, etc.), certification and accreditation experience, familiarity with NIST and federal standards such as OMB & FISMA.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree plus five (5) years of related IT, information security, and/or systems engineering experience, or additional four (4) years in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
If you are a good match and interested in more information, please forward the following information to RI.email@example.com at your earliest convenience and list "5286" in the email subject line.
- Updated resume in Word format; (.doc);
- Daytime and evening email addresses and phone numbers;
- Desired compensation an hourly rate
- Availability to interview and start.
Summit Technologies Inc. appreciates your interest. We will contact the best matching prospects, and will consider you for future opportunities. We will not submit your resume without your prior knowledge and consent. Summit Technologies is an Equal opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.