Description Job Description:
Leidos is looking for a System Engineer to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced cryptographic key management program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. We are using Test Driven Development (TDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support. This new program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities over the coming three years while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.Job Summary
A System Engineer is needed to provide support for adding new capabilities to a complex system with exacting interface, performance and security requirements. The selected individual will be responsible for developing solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact multiple facets of the system and will provide system engineering expertise in one or more of the following areas: architecture, design, development, requirements analysis, data flow, network design/implementation, testing, and documentation for the system. He/she will analyze user requirements, system architecture, and system requirements specifications, and will provide systems engineering expertise and develop system architecture and system design documentation. There are opportunities to be a member of our overarching systems engineering team or to be embedded in agile development teams.Primary Responsibilities
The selected candidate will provide guidance and support for system engineering of large-scale systems, major system elements, and interfacing systems that are part of a large complex network environment with geographically distributed components. He/she will interface with program management, system and software integration engineers, test engineers, information assurance engineers, and other project team members in an Agile environment. He/she will be responsible for implementing system engineering practices to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks. The selected individual will be responsible for communicating with and effectively collaborating with internal technical professionals on a day-to-day basis, and with POCs from customer organizations when necessary. The systems engineer will actively participate in program increment planning and related agile team activities. Additional responsibilities include supporting and providing guidance for system development and implementation planning through assessment of system engineering plans and system integration and test plans. He/she will support the development of system configuration documentation, including designs for capacity and performance planning and will perform engineering activities, including risk assessments and analyses of alternatives for a variety of system related issues and concerns. The selected individual will work with other System Engineers in defining test procedures and task success criteria. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or a related field and at least 8 years of related experience or a Master's Degree and at least 6 years of relevant experience.
- Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Must be capable of performing systems engineering activities in support of agile teams.
- Experience designing and developing large integrated classified systems strongly preferred.
- Must understand secure systems engineering and development.
- Must be comfortable working on multiple systems and components simultaneously in various configurations.
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices.
- Must have some level of experience with SysML or equivalent.
- Must be capable of effectively planning and prioritizing tasking and communicating clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs.
- Must be capable of performing high quality work both independently and with a team in a fast-moving environment.
- Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology or as a member of an agile team.
- Software development or shell scripting experience.
- Model based systems engineering experience.
- Experience with one or more of the following: technical documentation development; Test Driven Development (TDD) experience; experience with CUCUMBER or similar TDD automation framework; CAMEO.
This position is eligible for an increased sign on bonus of $20, 000. Please visit careers.leidos.com/CSS20k for details and a full list of eligible opportunities.
careers.leidos.com/CONMDExternal Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Systems EngineeringPay Range: