Mid-Level Test Engineer, Woodlawn, MD
Our client is seeking a Mid-level Test Engineer for a contract to hire opportunity in Woodlawn, MD.
- US Citizens and Green Card holders Only, due to Government Requirements.
The Mid-Level Tester will participate as core member of an Agile team across all planning, analysis, design, development, and testing activities including participation in all scrum ceremonies. The tester will work directly with the UI/UX, BA and engineering teams to understand user stories/requirements, identify and write test cases, execute test cases, report/resolve defects, and automate the testing during the software development process.
- Participate as core member of Agile team across all planning, analysis, design, development, and testing activities including participation in all scrum ceremonies.
- Experience in developing automated QA test suites and tools.
- Demonstrate consultative approach to work with business analysts, UI/UX, and engineering teams to solve problems.
- Proficient developing test strategies, test plans, and test cases for complex domain models such as workflows, data migration and web-based applications.
- Exposure and familiarity with TDD and BDD.
- Experience working in micro-service based architectures / REST-based APIs.
- Ability to review complex code and write unit test cases.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting database systems.
- Ability to work across projects to understand complex interaction between services.
- Perform detailed test designs using sound software test engineering principals in the context of test automation platforms and integration across distributed systems.
- Develop/improve existing test automation frameworks or stand up new test automation frameworks under guidance of senior test leads
- Define and establish test metrics to measure product quality, quality of testing and feedback to engineers.
- Develop efficient and effective qualitative methods, measures and guidelines in order to continuously improve quality processes and practices.
- Experience supporting user acceptance testing efforts by user training and developing test artifacts.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with testing complex web-based GUI applications.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with development and scripting languages.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with test automation tools such as Jasmine, Karma, Selenium, Cucumber, Junit, etc.
- 3 years of experience with SQL, PL/SQL, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field applicable to software testing or 12 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of agile software development and ability to work in agile team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills - must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
- Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
- Should be deadline and closure oriented.
- Strong persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
- Should be self-driven.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.
- Experience integrating test automation frameworks into a CI/CD pipeline.
- Multiple years of experience with source control systems like Git.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.