FEI is a leading IT company specializing in Federal and Local Government data system solutions. For the past decade we have maintained a leading position in providing programming and consulting services in our primary areas of expertise- Behavioral Health Data Systems, and Clinical Trials Software Solutions for institutional systems of care.
At FEI Systems, we recognize that our employees are an important part of our success. We promote a team environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve professional and personal success. Currently FEI is looking for highly skilled, self-motivated and creative individuals to join our talented team of experts. FEI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in growing and promoting a diverse work force. Our employee compensation and benefits package is competitive within the industry and is designed to help employees meet varying needs throughout their careers and lives. If you're looking for a rewarding work environment that will challenge your mind and expand your horizons, then joining the FEI team may be right for you.
Job Summary: As a Mid-level Business Analyst (Data Warehouse), you will solicit, understand, and document the customer's requirements, processes, and workflows. You will also work with developers to create the functional specifications, data models and data mapping documents that meet those requirements, serve as a subject matter expert to the developers building those models, and work with the QA team to test the developed functionality. This role works closely with other BAs, Developers, Testers, and Production Support through each stage of the software development lifecycle and also demonstrates both existing and new functionality to the customer stakeholders.
• Deliver precise functional specifications to include functional hierarchy, workflow, business rules, interface design and definitions, outstanding issues, data analysis, and data mapping to clients and development staff.
• Ensure modeling requirements/design meet reporting needs
• Participates in Data Warehouse design including new subject area development and integration with existing data model
• Works closely with key stakeholders, business representatives and technical resources to get a good understanding of the source.
• Fully understand the business processes and rules that need to be applied to the data
• Be responsible for direct interaction with clients including, but not limited to, eliciting comprehensive user stories and recommending appropriate solutions.
• Help build and document specifications for development.
• Update and maintain the Requirements Traceability Matrix.
• Conduct gap analysis between application and stated customer requirements and collaborate with Architects and Developers to estimate project impact.
• Work with Development, QA, and Production Support teams to communicate, verify, and test the desired functionality changes.
• Work with the clients to demonstrate the changes to the system to ensure all relevant business needs are addressed.
• Develop training/demonstration materials and provide/assist with training/demonstrations in one-on-one, group, or classroom environment.
• Manage multiple competing priorities through effective organization and communication.
Required Skills and Experience:
• solid "hands-on" experience with soliciting requirements and know the progression in building requirements with the customer and their workflows.
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in technology-related field or relevant experience in implementing software in the Health industry AND;
• 5 or more years of experience as a Business Analyst.
• Prior experience working on a data warehouse preferred.
• Understanding of business analysis principles, processes, techniques, workflows and data models.
• Ability to develop and prepare use cases, functional specifications, technical requirements, and data mapping documents.
• Ability to understand and represent the needs of the end user in a software development environment.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
• Detailed oriented
• Excellent written and verbal communications.
• Strong consultative and advisory skills.
Location: Columbia, MD, Full time position with full company benefits
NOTICE: EO/AA/VEVRAA/Disabled Employer - Federal Contractor. FEI Systems participates in E-Verify, a federal program that enables employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States by providing the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS at (888) 464-4218.
Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, disability, or genetic information, except where it relates to a bona fide occupational qualification or requirement. FEI Systems creates an Affirmative Action Plan on an annual basis. Pursuant to federal law, the portions of FEI Systems' Affirmative Action Program that relate to Section 503 (Persons with Disabilities) and/or Section 4212 (Protected Veterans), are available for inspection upon request by applicants and employees during FEI Systems' normal business hours.