Mid-level Extreme Network Engineer
Location: Portland, OR
Job #: DE669133126
Note: This job is not open to C2C or 3rd party candidates.
IGNW is an engineering-based resourcing company headquartered in Portland, OR with GEO based teams in Seattle, WA / Austin & Dallas, TX / Southeast US / California. We have global partnerships to deliver the industry's top technical solutions and talent to every one of our clients. Some of our strategic partnerships include Google Cloud, Hashicorp, Puppet, Cisco, and Docker. WHY IGNW?
So many reasons, one being IGNW being voted Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2020 across the U.S. and eight other countries. See the details here https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/glassdoor-best-places-to-work-2020 . IGNW also earned the Best of Staffing Award for providing remarkable service to job seekers, hiring managers and current Contractors. Check it out! https://www.bestofstaffing.com/agency/ignw/
We are proud to foster a great team working environment and offer highly competitive compensation and full benefits packages including medical, flexible spending accounts, dental, vision, 401k and more
Take a look and see if this is a match.... or any other jobs posted! Project Scope:
Our client has an immediate need for an
Mid-level Extreme Network Engineer with the following skills and experience: Responsibilities:
- Execution of a wide-ranging network management duties with installations, repairing, maintenance, improvements, and general support for Extreme network equipment
- Install, upgrade, and overall support for routers, L2 and L3 switches, firewalls, WAN accelerators, load balancers, etc.
- Evaluate, check, and set up all software and hardware update to the network service and infrastructure
- Support in the alignment and deployment of core network application workload, which needs constant learning of new devices (i.e., Nexus switches, ASR routers, and long-haul optical tools)
- Perform the network monitoring of overall network devices and servers using a group of tools to ensure availability within SLA's
- Ensure network security is a top priority to avoid cyber-attacks
- Review network operation data for capacity and planning purposes
- To assist in the development, implementation, testing, and disaster recovery plans
- Connect with vendors for obtaining of all required IT infrastructure
- To troubleshoot network and internet connectivity throughout the company's set-up
- To provide end-user support and issue resolution
- Research and recommend technologies to support business needs
Certifications desired, but not required:
- B.S. in computer science, IT, network technologies or a related field.
- 5+ years network experience
- Any combination of the following certifications: CCNA Security, CCNP, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE, CompTIA Network+
- Proficiency and technical knowledge with system and network security devices including firewalls, IPS and IDS, VPN appliances, routers, switches, and wireless appliances
- Applied experience with firewalls and network equipment configurations
- Consulting experience with the ability to handle multiple projects
- Access Wireless
- Access Wireless WiNG
- Campus EXOS Switching & Routing
- Campus Fabric Switching & Routing
- Extreme Cloud for MSP
- Extreme Control
Please note: Candidates may need to pass a drug and/or background check.
Please send in your resume today and be sure to get a quick response from one of our onsite recruiters:
Check out our reviews here: glassdoor.com
To view other IGNW opportunities please visit https://www.ignw.io/jobs