Our Quality Assurance team is comprised of experienced testing professionals located in Europe, North America, and India. The team is responsible for ensuring the high quality of IHS Markit’s software by independently verifying that software functionality conforms to business requirements, and communicating risks to the business. Using a combination of manual and technical testing techniques the team is also responsible for validating technical aspects of implementations including performance and scalability of the solution. The Boulder based Quality Assurance team consists of approximately 30 professionals who work closely with colleagues in other Markit offices.
• Ability to build relationships and implement change
• Experience in leading distributed teams
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with Manual, API, Data, Performance, and Automated testing.
Essential Key skills
• Team Coordination and task delegation
• Strong working experience in Agile QA Processes and Projects
• Knowledge in Testing tools like JIRA, HP-ALM and various scripting tools
• Knowledge of Business Communications tools such as SharePoint, Confluence, MS Office
• Transformational skills - Waterfall to Agile (Desired)
• Automation Testing experience (Desired)
• Database Testing (Desired)
Roles and Responsibilities
• Own SQA activities and deliverables for scrum teams.
• Provide support to Agile teams for estimating, planning, executing, monitoring & controlling test activities
• Review and recommend improvements to documentation eg. Test plans, Test cases, Test strategy
• Own the continuous improvement of quality processes including, Required Documentation, Testing Processes, and the overall quality of the Agile teams software
• Monitor, and enforce all processes and Organizational testing standards
• Attend client calls and discuss weekly status with the internal Executives and clients as necessary
• Track and prepare reports on testing activities including testing results, test case coverage, required resources, defects reports, release status, performance baselines, etc…
• Provide daily/monthly/quarterly metrics reporting the end of a phase or the completion of project.
• Interact with all levels and functions within the organization
• Work with the QA Manager in IHS Markit Boulder to ensure product test requirements are meeting the highest standards
• Work closely with development and product groups to ensure deadlines are met
• Execute manual system tests when needed, and identify those that can be automated for regression purposes
• Assist with the running and reporting of automated regression test suites as needed
• Ensure defects and identified customer incidents are prioritized and dealt with, and that any new versions of software are released in a controlled and timely manner
• Accurately report test progress to the QA Manager and other stakeholders.
• The ability to build custom test tools, and detailed financial services knowledge would be an advantage
What we look for
• University graduate or equivalent, preferably a computing or finance-related degree.
• 5+ years of experience in QA
• 2+ years in an Agile and additional experience in traditional Waterfall
• Excellent understanding of software architecture and SDLC.
• Proficient in writing database SQL queries
• Knowledge and experience of financial markets (Highly desired)
• Demonstrated ability to self-manage with minimal supervision is essential.
• High standard of written work
• Strong analytical and mathematical skills
• Open minded with a positive attitude , flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations
• Focused on delivery
• Must be an excellent communicator both written and verbally
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Must be able to work in a team environment
5718 Central Ave Boulder, CO, 80301