FEI is a leading IT company specializing in Federal and Local Government data system solutions. For the past decade we have maintained a leading position in providing programming and consulting services in our primary areas of expertise- Behavioral Health Data Systems, and Clinical Trials Software Solutions for institutional systems of care.
At FEI Systems, we recognize that our employees are an important part of our success. We promote a team environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve professional and personal success. Currently FEI is looking for highly skilled, self-motivated and creative individuals to join our talented team of experts. FEI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in growing and promoting a diverse work force. Our employee compensation and benefits package is competitive within the industry and is designed to help employees meet varying needs throughout their careers and lives. If you're looking for a rewarding work environment that will challenge your mind and expand your horizons, then joining the FEI team may be right for you.
Reporting to the Database Technical Manager, the self-motivated database developer will support cutting edge healthcare software related software and report development. As part of a small, agile team, many opportunities exist on for exploring new technologies and gaining robust development skills:
* Translate business requirements into a performance optimized data base design
* Create practical logical & physical models
* Evaluate data issues & ensure data integrity
* Develop Transact-SQL scripts for operational, analytical reports, and ETL processes
* Develop Transact-SQL scripts for manipulating data
* Develop tabular models to support ad hoc reporting (Ad hoc report models are no longer
supported in the newer version of SQL Server)
* Investigate, troubleshoot and correct data and user related system errors
* Participate in design sessions and code reviews
* Work under an Agile development process
* Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with both Subject Matter Experts and
* Estimate development efforts accurately
* Support data warehouse database in addition to OLTP systems
Required Experience and Qualification:
* BE or BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field preferred
* Minimum 3 years database development experience with a strong understanding of
database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
* 2+ years Microsoft SQL Server experience
* Experience with Data Modeling
* Experience with report development and writing queries
* Good understanding of Relational database design, OLTP concepts
* Knowledge of reporting and query tools, and practices
* Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
* Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
* Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
* Experience in working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
* Experience with ETL/Data Warehousing
* PowerBI, Tableau, Data Warehouse, SSIS and SSAS knowledge and experience
Other scripting languages:
* Comfortable reading C# .NET code for analysis purposes.
Location: Columbia, MD, Full time position with full company benefits
NOTICE: EO/AA/VEVRAA/Disabled Employer - Federal Contractor. FEI Systems participates in E-Verify, a federal program that enables employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States by providing the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS at (888) 464-4218.
Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, disability, or genetic information, except where it relates to a bona fide occupational qualification or requirement. FEI Systems creates an Affirmative Action Plan on an annual basis. Pursuant to federal law, the portions of FEI System' Affirmative Action Program that relate to Section 503 (Persons with Disabilities) and/or Section 4212 (Protected Veterans), are available for inspection upon request by applicants and employees during FEI Systems' normal business hours.
9755 Patuxent Woods Drive, Suite 300 Columbia, MD, 21046