Can be remote for the right candidate. Travel required to 10%.
This is not a contract. It is a full time salaried position. - I am unable to sponsor or transfer Visas -
Tired of knowing exactly what you are going to be doing at work for the next day, week, month, year? Looking for a position that will allow you to use your creative skills? Do you have the desire to expand your knowledge beyond the day to day task lists? Have you ever wanted to work with all the different features of SQL Server but have been held back by corporate structure?
We are looking for a SQL Server DBA who excels in great customer service with a strong technical knowledge to help our customers get the best out of their system. An individual who is motivated to find the root cause solutions and who likes to take on an unknown issue as a challenge and a chance to expand their knowledge. The ideal candidate would like to work problems on their own, but knows they have a team of experienced DBAs to fall back on for guidance and suggestions.
This is primarily a production support position.
DBA Experienced with:
- MINIMUM 5 YRS SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016,2017 (Mid/Senior level)
- Must communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and written
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to troubleshoot and research technical issues.
- MINIMUM 5 Years of experience in SQL Server
- High level problem determination and resolution skills
- Deployment and upgrade of engine & clients
- Experience with SSIS Packages, T-SQL, stored procedures, triggers, views, constraints and functions
- Tuning reviews/assessments (DB and SQL tuning), and query monitoring
- Backup and recovery, high availability/Cluster, AlwaysOn and DR
- Assisting, troubleshooting and guiding technical and non-technical resources with any issues
- Ability to provide configuration, monitoring and on-call support for development, test, and production environments
- Microsoft Certifications a plus
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services a plus
- Experience with SQL 2000 and 2005 a plus.
- Other DB platform (Informix, Oracle, DB2 LUW, PostgreSQL or MySQL) experience/certifications a plus
- Technical support or call center support experience a plus
- Advanced Database tuning expertise a plus
- Optimizing loads of large volumes of data into a database a plus
- Migrations experience a plus
- Experience coding stored procedures, triggers
- Professional Consulting Experience a plus
$1000 relo assistance with receipts.