VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified Mid-level Security Controls Assessment (SCA) Engineer to support the CMS project in Maryland.
* Location: Baltimore, MD with 35% travel component
* Salary: Dependent upon experience
* Security Clearance: None
* Available: ASAP
The individual will perform security testing and security control assessments on federal applications to ensure compliance with the NIST 800-53a and agency specific requirements. The position will also require the ability to technically assess both application and general support system security configurations and implementation. The candidate will have had prior experience working with a wide variety of technologies, be well versed in the current state of Information Security, and be able to interpret the requirements of relevant governing bodies (NIST, OMB, GAO, etc). The individual will be required to interface with federal employees and contractors to perform the security assessment activities. Additionally, this individual is responsible for assisting in the presentation of the vulnerability findings to the client.
* 2+ years basic knowledge and understanding of FISMA and NIST 800-53 standards
* 3+ years of application development, software engineering, system administration, network administration or database administration experience
* 2+ years of experience with Information Security
* Bachelor's degree in information technology related field
* Candidates possessing the following certifications are highly desired: CISSP, CISA, CISM, CEH, or CAP
* Experience managing internal controls, security documentation, risk assessments, business process and IT auditing
* Excellent technical writing skills and attention to detail
* Exceptional communication skills
* This work will require up to 35% of travel in the Continental US.
* Vulnerability analysis
* Web application assessments
* Security architecture and design
* Security awareness and training
* Identity and access management
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.
Category: IT Security