“We are stewards of the Internet and our Company.” This is the first of our core values here at Verisign. Verisign is trusted to run critical Internet infrastructure. We operate .com, .net, .tv, .cc, .name, .jobs, .edu and .gov top-level domain names, as well as two of the world’s 13 Internet root servers (A and J), managing and protecting the DNS infrastructure for millions of domain names and processing billions of Internet queries daily.
Join the team that provides Service Management for the organization. The Service Management Office is chartered with mitigating our risk by owning Incident, Change and Problem processes. We also are the central hub for all metrics and reporting for the Technical Service Group. Our team develops front ends for the tools that we utilize daily.
- Administers, configures, develops and scripts the service management application front ends
- Works cross-functionally to gather requirements and develop technical solutions for both moderate and complex issues that satisfy the business needs of the organization
- Advocates and implements directed technologies and processes for change, incident and problem management, as well as metrics reporting and analytics
- Provides management with new service management improvement recommendations, buidling and updating Service Management Web front ends, and updating existing service management processes that are in line with the best practices of ITIL and project management.
- Internally, establishes and maintains strong working relationships with senior sponsors, department heads and process owners.
- Negotiates, gains buy-in, designs and maintains OLAs with customers and IT support teams related to Service Management Processes.
- Responsible for on-time and on-specification delivery of IT Service Management projects.
- Acts independently, guided by broad company policies and objectives.
- Develops and maintains policies and standards aimed at maximizing effectiveness and minimizing costs related to the Service Management Program.
Our ideal candidate will have strong technical and organization skills, thrives in a team environment, and is a self-starter, able to multi-task in this dynamic group. We need effective communicators who can work within a matrixed environment and represent Verisign effectively to customers and other external resources. A high level of technical skills and experience is essential for success. Some attributes include:
- 5+ years of experience in a technical environment
- Regular exposure to business stakeholders and executive management, as well as the authority and scope to apply your expertise to many interesting technical problems.
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Experience in planning and delivering platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
- Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc) is needed to be successful in this position.
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications.
- ITIL Certified
- Registry Services, E-commerce or ISP environment experience
- Enterprise Application Integration experience
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Deployment automation experience using tools such as Cobbler, Puppet, Ansible and Fabric
- Experience working with teams using Kanban and Scrum a plus
: United States-Washington D.C. Metro-Virginia-Reston