Verisign operates the infrastructure for a portfolio of top-level domains that today include .com, .net, .tv, .edu, .gov, .jobs, .name and .cc, as well as two of the world's 13 Internet root servers. Verisign's product suite also includes Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Protection Services, and Managed DNS.
THE BIG PICTURE:
• Join the Portal Services team in an effort to revamp their system from top to bottom starting with their content management system, choosing and implementing a new technology stack, and re-architecting their system for high availability and performance.
• Partner with product managers to design and build new applications and features for a set of customer facing web applications.
• Use industry best practices to deliver high-quality code leveraging open-source tools to automate daily builds, unit and integration testing
• Propose, design and implement Proof of Concepts
• Work closely with the System Architects and Performance & Scalability experts to deliver high-performance, scalable enterprise applications
• Work closely with other engineers on the team
WHAT'S COOL ABOUT THIS JOB:
• Develop front-end customer and customer service facing applications.
• Learn from the most talented and motivated engineers in the industry.
• Be a technology-leader and provide technical guidance to the team.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
• Works closely with Business Partners, System Architects, Operations, and Information Security team.