If interested, please send an updated, Word copy of your resume to the assigned contact, Carly, at cwilson @apexsystems.com Job Summary:
As a Mid Business Analyst, you will solicit, understand, and document the customer's requirements, processes, and workflows. You will also work with developers to create the functional specifications that meet those requirements, serve as a subject matter expert to the developers building those functions, and work with the QA team to test the developed functionality. This role works closely with other BAs, Developers, Testers, and Production Support through each stage of the software development lifecycle and also demonstrates both existing and new functionality to the customer stakeholders.Principle Responsibilities:
• Deliver precise functional specifications to include functional hierarchy, workflow, business rules, interface design and definitions, outstanding issues, data analysis, and data mapping to clients and development staff.
• Be responsible for direct interaction with clients including, but not limited to, eliciting comprehensive user stories and recommending appropriate solutions.
• Help build and document specifications for development.
• Update and maintain the Requirements Traceability Matrix.
• Conduct gap analysis between application and stated customer requirements and collaborate with Architects and Developers to estimate project impact.
• Work with Development, QA, and Production Support teams to communicate, verify, and test the desired functionality changes.
• Work with the clients to demonstrate the changes to the system to ensure all relevant business needs are addressed.
• Develop training/demonstration materials and provide/assist with training/demonstrations in one-on-one, group, or classroom environment.
• Manage multiple competing priorities through effective organization and communication.Required Skills and Experience:
- Must have solid "hands-on" experience with soliciting requirements and user stories and know the progression in building requirements with the customer and their workflows.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in technology-related field or relevant experience in implementing software in the Health industry AND;
• 4 or more years of experience as a Business Analyst.
• Understanding of business analysis principles, processes, techniques, and workflows.
• Ability to develop and prepare use cases, functional specifications, and technical requirements.
• Ability to understand and represent the needs of the end user in a software development environment.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
• Excellent written and verbal communications.
• Strong consultative and advisory skills.Location:
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or