Founded in 2001, Blue Canopy is an award-winning provider of business solutions in the public and commercial sectors. We're focused on delivering outcomes that matter by combining the best use of technology, process improvement, and the system of governance. Our Mission is to serve our clients and help them achieve success by combining governance, industry experience, and information technology excellence.
At Blue Canopy, innovation, collaboration, and teamwork are the driving force behind our success. We are committed to hiring, retaining, and developing best-in-class professionals because we recognize that our team is what differentiates us in the marketplace as an industry leader. We are driven by excellence, committed to integrity, and inspired to achieve limitless possibilities.
Blue Canopy seeks a Full-Time Mid-Level Technical Writer to provide onsite and offsite support in Washington, DC/Reston, VA (100%). The Technical Writer will support the Cybersecurity program of a mission-critical, federal financial student lending agency by drafting and editing security documentation. The Technical Writer will work with a team of security analysts, engineers, architects, and other security professionals who contribute to the development of mission-critical security and privacy-related documentation.
* Develop original content and update existing content including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Concepts of Operations (CONOPS), strategic plans, checklists, use cases, job aids, document templates, cybersecurity guidance, etc.
* Develop a document management system for use by Cybersecurity team or support the maintenance of an existing documentation library.
* Manage change control of all documentation.
* Support document quality assurance for the Cybersecurity Team including creating, reviewing, editing, and tracking documentation.
* Solicit input from client and Blue Canopy technical staff, and document their processes in plain language using Standard English composition.
* As needed, moderate client meetings to collect requirements for and feedback on documents.
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
* Bachelor's degree in writing-related fields.In lieu of a degree in writing-related fields, candidates with 3 years of additional technical writing and quality assurance experience will be considered (4 years of experience total, including requirements below).
* 3+ years of experience developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Concept of Operations (CONOPS) documents, Strategic Plans, checklists, use cases, job aids, document templates, cybersecurity guidance, etc. for an information technology (IT) or Cybersecurity organization.
* 3+ years of experience performing quality assurance of security-related documentation such as Security Assessment Reports, Technical Assessment Reports, Security Assessment Test Plans, SOPs, and system security plans (SSPs).
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Visio.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; impeccable grammar.
* Ability to express complex technical information in plain language.
* Experience with content management software and/or processes preferred. Microsoft SharePoint experience is a plus.
* Experience in both writing and editing preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to learn about and write to new technical, IT, or cybersecurity topics.
* Client-facing experience, particularly in soliciting input or feedback from clients and moderating client meetings.Consulting experience is a plus.
Clearance Required: Candidate must be able to receive a Public Trust 6c Clearance
As a full-time employee of Blue Canopy, you are eligible for an attractive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, life insurance, and short-term and long-term disability insurance. Our benefits also include paid holidays, Paid-Time-Off (PTO), a company-sponsored 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement plan, and flexible spending accounts to allow you to pay for Health, Dependent Care, and commuter costs with pre-tax income.