Mid level Product Engineer
Accelerate your career! At VeriSign, we provide a unique and sought-after environment where you can develop your technology career. We are looking for a visionary, skilled, enthusiastic professional to join our team at our Fribourg, Switzerland office.
This position is within the Product Engineering group, responsible for developing and testing some of the most visible and exciting products on the Internet.
THE BIG PICTURE :
• Partner with product managers to design and build new applications
• Use industry best practices to deliver high-quality code leveraging open source tools and utilities in a true DevOps way
• Work closely with the system architects and performance & scalability experts to develop high performance scalable enterprise applications
ABOUT THIS JOB:
The ideal candidate will be developing software and perform test automation with limited guidance. A keen eye towards troubleshooting and solving problems is paramount. Focus of this role is to identify ideal ways to design and develop features for the infrastructure monitoring software; develop test automation and integrate them to the continuous build/systems; work continuously to improve speed, efficiency and scalability of the legacy and new software components; and work across functional (development/testing, systems/infrastructure) and project teams to ensure smooth functioning of the Monitoring products. This job requires the candidate to have the commitment for giving highest priority to developing test automation.
This role proactively communicates with the team and seeks opportunities to improve internal software processes, contributes to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organization, defining and implementing Continuous Integration practices. A good understanding of a SDLC process such as Agile and knowledge of DevOps methodology is required. Excellent English communication and writing skills is a must to perform the job responsibilities.
Qualifications and Experience
• 1- 3 years of programming experience with Java or C++ (inclusive of internships)
• 1- 3 years Linux experience, especially on Red Hat family ( inclusive of internships)
• Test automation experience is a must (JUnit, Cucumber Java/Ruby framework)
• Excellent troubleshooting skills with the ability to dive deep into all aspects of an issue
• Working knowledge with Git from an end user perspective is required
• Ability to speak and write fluent English
• 1-3 years of experience with scripting Ruby/Python, Bash or Perl
• 1-3 years’ experience in SQL/NoSQL database
• Working knowledge with Ansible playbooks is a plus
• Working knowledge of the Spring framework is a plus
• Experience with or working knowledge of cloud and virtualization technologies: OpenStack, VMWare
• Familiar with continuous deployment, build management and automation/orchestration tools
• BS/MS in Computer Science or related field.