Description Job Description:
The Civil Group has an opening for a Middleware/Applications Manager to join our Enterprise IT Modernization team in Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina. The Middleware/Applications Manager will serve as the technical expert of NCC's application platform and development solutions across multiple technologies. The Middleware/Applications Manager will manage effective operations to meet the demands of the EPA systems and workforce.
Leidos will operate, manage and support all application platforms, and environments operated by the OITO. Operations, management and technical support include communications, assessments, deployments, upgrades, planning, testing, documentation, coordination, operations, monitoring, and maintenance. Each application platform is managed by a Government NCC application platform manager, and the Middleware/Applications Manager will be expected to provide updates, status and reports to the platform manager and EPA TPOC.Must be able to pass a Public Trust background investigation; due to contract requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.Primary Responsibilities:
- Operate and manage development, staging, and production servers for each application platform.
- Resolve problems and faults arising in the environments, to the extent possible within the Leidos ability (e.g., problems with the configuration settings of an environment under the control of the Leidos, rather than its underlying product coding that is not accessible to the contractor).
- Maintain configuration control of development, staging, and production environments, including configuration records, and report on the environments' configuration sufficiently to keep the EPA TPOC informed of any changes proposed or planned.
- Maintain continuity of middleware/applications operations and DR capabilities.
- Coordinate with infrastructure and participate in DR tests.
- Install and configure new releases of the application platforms in accordance with government's policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in related field and at least 12 years' experience managing a large scale enterprise IT service delivery and application management.
- Experience managing and upgrading large scale and complex IT application platforms.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with customer stakeholders to operate and enhance application management to align with client business portfolios and service level requirements.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex application platforms and developing scalable enterprise technology strategies.
- Demonstrated experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Familiarity with geospatial and remote sensing applications.
External Referral Bonus:
- Experience Managing Scaled Agile (SAFe) environments is a plus
IneligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:Potential for Telework:
Yes, 10%Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Software EngineeringPay Range: