The AVP, Cloud Engineer will lead API & PCF enablement as well as all enabling tools, environment, CI/CD capabilities, pipelines for the required application, micro services and API to be built to meet business requirements. This individual would also support all significant new service builds from a PCF point of view and act as subject matter expert of the technology platform and ensure its selection, availability, performance and security at Synchrony Financial (SYF). This individual will work with development teams utilizing modern software development methodologies and tools to create new products and APIs for SYF.
- Develop and design elastic, resilient and self healing Cloud native applications
- Work with other development teams, using an agile project framework to provide guidance and direction to project teams ensuring compliance with the standards and best practices.
- Design and Implement applications using latest service based technology trends such as the 12 factor app principles and Micro Services architecture patterns
- Work collaboratively with Product Management and Platform Engineering during development, launch and continuing refinement of PCF and integrated 3 party solutions.
- Maintain deep hands on technical knowledge of PCF, Frameworks and 3rd party integrations. Continuously learn and be at the leading edge of Pivotal and industry trends
- Maintain Source code control hygiene through reviews and mentoring, Highest standard of code quality, test coverage and automation.
- Work with team members to design, architect and implement solutions across geographic locations
- Create, assess, update and maintain documentation pertaining to PCF platforms
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field, with a minimum of 2 years of experience in Information Technology or, in lieu of the Bachelor's degree, a minimum of 4 years of experience in Information Technology
- Hands on experience designing and implementing solutions leveraging multiple services within public cloud platforms via provider and/or cross platform APIs.
- Recent experience with design, development of Cloud native systems (Pivotal Cloud Foundry) and software solutions for Containerized, Micro services based eco-systems, Application modernization, migration and development on PaaS platforms.
- Expert in cloud native application design, PCF Reference Architectures,12 factor app principles
- Experience with a platform as a service product offerings like Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk, AWS or Azure is a big plus
- Experience working with SAML, oAuth 2, Active Directory and network protocols
- A software development background or with experience in DevOps automation
- Solid communication skills, and must be highly motivated and demonstrate high level of initiative.
- Must be a self-starter, ability to quickly learn, adapt, shows initiative and thinks outside the box.
- Ability to lead teams performing systems automation and integration (leveraging an agile methodology / lean techniques)
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo or others
- Experience in modern development environments, including code quality tooling (e.g. Maven, IDEs, Cucumber, Sonar)