Vicom Computer Services is currently seeking a Middleware – DevOps Engineer for contract role with one of our major customers in Newark, NJ.
** Must be able to attend an onsite interview in Newark, NJ **
AWS CLOUD OPS ENGINEER
The AWS Cloud Ops Engineer will have experience in Amazon Web Services operations and support. This individual will have experience maintaining the AWS environment and troubleshooting issues. The ideal candidate will have experience with automation using native AWS tools such as CloudFormation and CLI, Ansible, or other configuration management tools.
- Maintain AWS cloud infrastructure in optimal configuration from both technical and budgetary perspectives.
- Makes effective use of CloudWatch to monitor EC2 performance and setup trigger based alerts.
- Reference EC2 security groups to troubleshoot connectivity issues between EC2 instances and other Horizon and AWS resources.
- Provision EC2 instances end-to-end. This requires knowledge of instance families, EBS, VPC, security groups, and tags.
- Make appropriate use of AWS operational best practices.
- Identify issues and inconsistencies through the AWS console and proactively work to correct them.
- A working understanding of AWS sizing and pricing regarding AWS compute, storage, and database services.
- Participate in planning, implementation, and growth of the infrastructure on Amazon Web Services.
- Manage full application stacks from the OS through custom applications using Amazon cloud-based computing environments.
- Work closely with the architect and engineers to design networks, systems, and storage environment that effectively reflect business needs, security requirements, and service level requirements.
- Work with engineering and architecture teams to design and implement scalable application environments.
- Maintain network and system documentation.
- Work with the network and security teams to design and implement secure cloud management solutions.
- Development and implementation of vulnerability remediation strategies.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience with AWS environment, operations and automation.
- Must be strong with AWS, and automation
- S3, EC2, RDS, security groups, IAM, etc.
- Work in DevOps environment.
- Automation experience with CloudFormation, AWS CLI or Ansible
- Experience working in an agile environment
Desired Skills & Experience
- AWS certification a plus.
- Ability to identify and gather requirements to define a solution to be built and operated on AWS.
- Some experience with Linux command-line and JSON (as it applies to AWS policies).
- Containerization experience with Docker or Kubernetes preferred.
- Ability to provide best practice guidance on the architectural design across multiple applications and projects of the enterprise
- Experience designing and building AWS Services such as EC2, S3, ELB, RDS, etc.
- Experience with DevOps tools in a cloud environment.
- Experience with Linux and Windows Server system administration.
- Ability to create and utilize AWS Cloud Formation templates to automate creation of AWS images.
- Proficient in developing scripts and scripting languages.
- A team player capable of high performance, flexibility in a dynamic working environment and the ability to lead.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform capabilities and best practices architectures, and engineering solutions.
- Experience working in AWS via the CLI and management console. Knowledge and experience architecting and configuring Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs)
- Experience with security, security groups, firewall rules, etc.
- Demonstrable experience providing engineered IT solutions to large programs in support of the customer's mission.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work closely with customer in analyzing requirements