Middleware engineer. Would like to have them Senior level. Experience in the enterprise environment. Environment very large and complex, tomcat, spring, tibco, business works.
Role - they will work with other teams doing testing in non-production, configuring, troubleshooting, and also work on production if there are any production issues. Using Splunk to look at logs or getting on actual server itself to get on logs.
On call rotation, 3 people. After they are trained up they will go on the rotation, once a month. There are ties at night or weekends where they will be contacted.
If there are major projects, sometimes they will be asked to be a major role in these projects. When this goes into production, the middleware engineer will be in control of any changes.
This team is escalated to quite a bit. Very large environment, very important role.
They are hands on 90-95%.
5 -10% is in meeting strategy. Strategy is being on meeting, what are we going to do, what is going to be best, they work hand in hand with the engineering team. They get recommendations from them, and vice versa.
- Experience in the environment in general. Puppet, spring, user config management, etc. want someone who is in touch with everything in this environment.
Important to understand during market hours to 8:30am to 3:00pm CST. Time is money, every minute they ae down costs them money. Need experience in control shoot and come up with a solution ASAP.
- Middleware Engineer who is very well rounded.
- Automation: Python, PowerShell, or perl
- Troubleshooting Tools: App Dynamics, Splunk, well rounded with troubleshooting tools.
- Java experience: Mainly would be tuning, java heap if issues going on, if they see java errors, they can see what is going on with Java, they do troubleshooting on Java, they don't really make the changes in Java, just trouble shoot.
If interested please send resume to Noah at
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or