***W2 Candidates only / NO C2C***
Key contributor, with systems-wide accountability for developing, building and maintaining WMB (WebSphere Message Broker) and WMQ (WebSphere Message Queue) systems. Responsible for all components of complex engineering and activities associated with multiple projects related to WMB and WMQ for z/OS system design, implementation and operations/user support. Works independently contributing to setting the input/output processes and working parameters for WMQ and WMB compatibility, coordination and integration with applications and other subsystems. May act as a project manager on technical projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1) Acquire, install, package, deploy, validate and implement installs, upgrades or maintenance for IBM and OEM products.
2) Participate in 7 x 24 primary and secondary on-call support rotation.
3) Perform problem restoration and permanent resolution during on-call assignments.
4) Responsible for providing performance and capacity analysis and reporting.
5) Participate in WMB and WMQ infrastructure design, build, validation and implementation support
6) Demonstrate technical knowledge with such activities as authoring White Papers/Best Practices and Performing Proofs of Concept for New Technology, features or functions, working jointly with vendors on technical studies.
7) Demonstrate SME knowledge in multiple areas (Performance and Tuning, Automation, Product Exploitation)
8) Responsible for training of junior level systems programmers as needed.
9) Stand in / Backup support for Team Manager as needed
- Understanding of the initiative engagement process and initiative documentation requirements.
- Proficiency in making complex Messaging and Broker changes and critical region build and environment changes
- Project & people management experience in complex application environments providing resolution of technical and resource conflicts.
- Ability to research and conduct performance or product testing for new Messaging and Broker product features and functions, fixpacks, etc.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to identify technical issues and display ownership of resolution.
- Ability to address gaps in existing processes and create new processes.
Matlen Silver is the hardest working staffing team in the U.S. We do what we know is right for consultants and companies, creating a unique and powerful recruiting and talent experience. We don’t just say we’re hard-working. We are. We don’t just invest in great people, we invest in people with guts, who don’t stand alone with integrity, but together as one united front. Our core is a powerhouse that can’t be described but should be experienced.