Apex Systems is seeking Full Stack Java Developers in McLean, VA with one of our top financial clients! Please send your resume in a Word document to Chelsea Corley, Sr. Technical Recruiter, at Apply today! Title:
Middleware Platform Engineer (MPE) Location:
McLean, VA Duration:
contract through end of the year Compensation:
flexible dependent upon experience Job Description:
Middleware Platform Engineers are full stack developers capable of reverse engineering,Troubleshooting, supporting and improving legacy API's and their underlying technology Platforms that support critical features for the client's internal and external customers. What you will do:
Middleware Platform Engineers are responsible for modernizing the client's legacy middleware footprint by retiring unneeded services, rewiring feature lineage and rewriting critical services in modern languages with well-designed architecture and tooling to support feature functionality in a scalable, stable and well managed manner.Responsibilities:
- Modernize/Reengineer the existing Rest and SOAP Services
- Service level Automation
- Handling incidents and emergency response
- Managing risk
- Change Management
- Availability and capacity planning
- Building scalable Systems
- As a Middleware Platform Engineer you will be an integral member of a dynamic team Continuously improving/modernizing our AWS middleware platforms automating all the Things in support of our rapidly expanding product portfolio.
- Analyze and develop technology solutions based on customer requirements.
- Build and implement middleware products to meet business demands.
- Work with Business and Architects in developing middleware configurations based on requirements.
- Identify and apply innovative technologies to update existing middleware Services.
- Create and maintain documentation for middleware installations, changes and upgrades.
- Train Junior Engineers on middleware updates and new installations.
- Perform troubleshooting, incident response, and patching in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems in a timely and accurate manner to Improve application performance and functionality.
- Develop and implement strategies for migration, consolidation and upgrade of Middleware components.
- Evaluate system architecture and make recommendations as required.
- Develop and implement standard processes for installation, maintenance and Enhancement of middleware applications.
- Configure and maintain build pipelines to support automated testing and deployments Using tools including Jenkins.
- Clearly document and diagram deployment-specific aspects of architectures and Environments, working closely with Software Engineers of Consumer Clients, Cloud Engineering Teams, and others in DevOps.
- API/Microservice Development leveraging Java/JEE
- Spring Framework
- Linux Environment
- Exposure to Go and Kubernetes Operations
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or