TCI has an immediate need for a Middleware Team Lead in Radford, VA. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the probability of becoming permanent. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
This role supports our Government/Military sector client and requires a current DoD Secret Security Clearance.
The Middleware Team Lead is responsible for all facets of engineering and administering the mid-tier for the client’s site. This includes architecting infrastructure, installing and configuring Application and Web Servers, Portals, and associated software products and operating system configuration in LINUX, UNIX and Windows environments.
- Once deployed, responsible for maintaining the infrastructure to meet availability and performance standards.
- Assists in the scheduling of deployment activity as well as new installations of mid-tier infrastructure.
- Responsible for developing security standards in the mid-tier and ensuring all systems and applications meet the client’s security requirements.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of mid-tier system monitoring and administrative dashboards to ensure a proactive approach to system management.
- Thorough knowledge of the Cyber Command Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) processes and procedures.
- Perform Security Readiness Review (SRR) and document the SRR findings in a Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) document.
- 5+ years of experience with Middleware Applications and Server architecture in a large enterprise environment using WebLogic, WebSphere, or similar class server systems.
- 5+ years of experience of Senior middleware administration experience deploying and managing middleware software supporting customer applications.
- Knowledge of Web Services, both SOAP and REST.
- Knowledge of XML is required.
- Knowledge of DTD, XSLT, Xerces and Xalan is a plus.
- Must possess a familiarity of the Java or C# programming languages to assist developers in debugging applications.
- Knowledge of the Oracle RDBMS and the SQL Server RDBMS is a plus.
- Knowledge of UNIX and Windows administrations skills.
- Knowledge of Python and PowerShell is a plus.
- Working knowledge of DoD STIGs, and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM).
- Candidate must currently possess a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Must currently possess or have the ability to obtain the CompTIA Security+ Certification prior to start.
- Must possess a secondary Computing Environment (CE) Certification (i.e., MCSE, Server+, CCNA, RedHat, Palo, etc.).