Please review the job details below.
Maxar is currently seeking a Mission Architect to join our Mission Architecture team supporting mission solutions and architectures development as well as program technical leadership in Palo Alto, CA or Westminster, CO.
In this highly-collaborative, role, you will lead the development of technical baselines that deliver a range of solutions from subsystems to end-to-end, full lifecycle systems that meet the missions of our customers. As a key contributor, innovator and leader on our newly formed Mission Architecture team, you will lead cross-functional teams performing architectural design, development oversight, and deployment of the enterprises overall systems, as well as the definition of system solutions based on customer current and future needs. Responsibilities:
- Accountable for architecting Mission solutions supporting our Civil, National Security Space, and/or commercial portfolios, overseeing mission solutions, customer engagement, and enterprise coordination.
- Leads advanced, complex technical projects, which will require technical acumen and industry knowledge. Engages with customers who are very technical and often the world leaders in their science, technology, or exploration domains.
- Maintains strong customer awareness, developing customer relationships, and maintaining currency with industry trends and new technologies applicable to our mission solutions. Also, requires awareness of the competitive landscape and the evolving corporate environment.
- Leads technical and architecture solutions for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of customer solutions, including developing concepts of operation, mission requirements, and system architectures. Helps develop competitive assessments and overall pursuit strategy. Advocates the customer's critical needs to internal stakeholders.
- Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to lead the planning, design, development and verification of lifecycle-balanced system of systems and mission solutions. Leads the team to resolve cross-functional technical issues.
- Leads technical projects and end-to-end engineering activities to meet the company's strategic growth objectives.
- Supports our engineering teams to evaluate customer and operational needs to help define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Collaborates on capture strategy including technical, programmatic, schedule and financial elements. Supports pursuit reviews and follows opportunities through all stages.
- Provides guidance for the team to assess and provide direction for make/buy decisions and selection of strategic suppliers. Provide mentoring, guidance and leadership to early career staff on our teams.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be willing and able to obtain U.S. Government security clearance at TS/SCI level
- Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering, physics or related field. Four additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree
- Minimum of 20 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in the development of system/mission requirements as well as requirement flow down processes
- Demonstrated experience in the technical leadership of space mission developments.
- Experience in the development of system/mission budgets (mass, power, RF, propulsion, pointing, etc.)
- Systems engineering lifecycle experience and understanding
- Strong background in the satellite/mission development lifecycle covering conceptualization, design, development, integration, test, launch, and operations
- Proficiency in the use of computers, presentation tools, and related IT
- Ability to accommodate some travel to customer centers, workshops, conferences, and business partners to support business activities and relationships (approximately 3-4 days a month, beginning in 2022)
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Understanding of business development processes and an aptitude for matching company capabilities with customer needs
- Demonstrated strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with motivation to compete
- Experience collaborating in a team environment, and ability to lead technical groups
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Previous experience working with or leading bids to U.S. Government customers is especially desirable
- Prior experience in working directly with and formulating solutions for customers
- Ability to partner with stake holders and team leaders to identify needs and develop marketable Mission solutions and identify mission gaps/develop system solutions which provide customer value