The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
The Systems Engineering Division (SED) provides unmatched experience in systems engineering to the U.S. government and to numerous public and private agencies, universities, nonprofit organizations, consortia, and commercial companies involved in the advanced application of space technology. From systems architecture development to system analysis and optimization, astrodynamics, orbital debris, navigation, failure analysis, mission assurance, cost and schedule assessment, and economic market analysis, SED exploits an incredibly broad array of engineering and business disciplines against a diverse and dynamic portfolio of programs and national challenges.
At Aerospace, we believe that we can only fulfill our goals - and those of our customers - by securing a diverse and inclusive workforce, and an environment that will nurture the best ideas and generate the most novel innovations.What You'll be Doing:
What You Need to be Successful
- Advise key stakeholders and government customers by performing a range of modeling, simulation, and analysis in the focus areas of space domain awareness (SDA), space control, space debris, and enhancing the resilience of other mission areas in the space enterprise architecture.
- Conduct technical deep dives, trade studies, and assessments in teams with multi-disciplinary technical leaders, Aerospace Program Office personnel and external customers including defense and civil agencies, such as the U.S. Space Force, the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), and others.
- Develop and present timely and technically accurate briefings and reports that clearly communicate analysis results and provide recommended solutions, supporting critical decisions in collaboration with technical leads, management, and customers.
- Support the development and maturation of analysis software tools.
How You Can Stand Out
- Advanced degree (Master's or Ph. D.) from an accredited program in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or related technical discipline.
- At least one year of industry work experience.
- Graduate-level coursework and/or comprehensive research in one or more of the following subjects: modeling, simulation, and analysis, such as space mission analysis and design, algorithm design, or mathematical modeling.
- Effective written and verbal technical communication skills.
- Willing to travel domestically to customer and contractor facilities.
- Proficiency with one or more of the following programming languages/tools: C, C++, Python, Fortran, MATLAB, SIMULINK, Java.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance (TS/SCI), which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- Ability to build and foster effective working relationships with customers, contractors, Federally Funded Research & Development Center (FFRDC) and other personnel.
- Graduate Coursework, research in orbit mechanics/astrodynamics topics, such as constellation design, orbital propagation and perturbations, orbital maneuvers, launch vehicle and satellite operations, collision risk and debris analyses, rendezvous and proximity operations, or formation flight.
- Experience in applied mathematical topics, such as optimization, game theory, statistical estimation, and numerical analysis.
- Experience in optimization techniques and their application to trajectory optimization and/or multi-objective optimization.
- Experience in spacecraft or launch operations.
- Ability to support multiple programs and/or activities simultaneously and to be comfortable acting as a technical point-of-contact.
- Current and active TS/SCI clearance
Grade-Based Pay Range
(Min - Mid - Max)Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement