Description: Position Summary:
A Mobile Android Developer will develop and maintain applications for end user groups and customers. Analyze performance of applications, and troubleshoot problems. Involved in the coding, testing and documentation of the proposed solution. Major Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the creation, modification, and testing of code
• Involved in the review of code from junior level and offshore programmers
• Involved in ongoing systems monitoring and general support of assigned applications
• Involved in analyzing system/software performance
• Responsible for analyzing and identifying system performance issues, recoding bugs, testing fixes and implementing the solution identified
• Analyze software solutions based on customer requirements and suggest the best solution
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor Qualifications: Qualifications:
• Candidate will have 3-5 years' experience in software development and a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computers and related technologies.
• Strong Candidates will possess the following experience:
- Full System Development Lifecycle experience. Participate in all aspects of the Penske defined Software Development lifecycle. Support existing software development efforts and develop new software modules.
- Ability to work independently with a team and self-manage work
- Ongoing systems monitoring and general support of assigned applications
- Analyzing system/software performance
- Ability to quickly and thoroughly learn and apply new technologies
- Exposure to mobile development and advanced usage of mobile devices
- Experience with Java or Android development
- Relational Database Design and SQL
• In addition, it would be a plus if the candidate also had experience with:
- Developing native mobile applications for the Android OS, Android Studio, Kotlin
- GIT, STASH, JIRA, Bamboo, ANT
- Understanding of REST API interaction
- Experience using Gradle ,Dagger, Guava, AssertJ, Mockito, RxJava, RxAndroid, Robolectric, Espresso, Junit, Fabric.io, Google Analytics, Telium.
- Knowledge and experience using reactive programming, hypermedia APIs, Android material design, and dependency injection
- Experience working on a team in an Agile environment
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required. Physical Requirements:
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer. About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a
premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more. Work Locations:
3000 Auburn Dr Beachwood, OH 44122 Primary Location:
United States-Ohio-Beachwood Zip:
Information Technology Penske (Oracle) Job Name:
Information Technology Req ID: