Mobile Android Developer (Job Number:
2118480 ) Location of Position:
This position must
sit out of our Tampa, FL office. Candidates for this role must be available for relocation. About Penske:
Most people know us for our big yellow trucks. But we're so much more than that. At Penske we have a 50-plus year history of leading the transportation and supply-chain industry, delivering world-class and award-winning technology solutions and the key to our success is our people. We are experiencing rapid business growth and have added headcounts to IT teams across the organization to keep up with this expansion.
Going into Winter 2021/2022, we are hiring immediately for full-time, long-term roles. On this team you will ensure our technology solutions keep our company and our customers moving forward. What You Will Be Doing:
As a Mobile Android Developer (Mobile Developer), you will be part of a team that develops our next generation of mobile applications while enhancing and supporting our existing applications.
Strong candidates will possess at least 3 years of the following experience:
- Proficient in Kotlin with a working knowledge of Java using Android Studio
- Full System Development Lifecycle experience
- Ability to work independently with a team and self-manage work
- Ongoing systems monitoring and general support responsibilities
- Analyzing and optimizing system/software performance
- Ability to quickly and thoroughly learn and apply new technologies
- Experience with mobile development and advanced usage of mobile devices
- Relational Database Design and SQLite
- Knowledge of source control management tools and Gradle
In addition, it would be a plus if the candidate also had experience with:
- Experience making network requests to a RESTful API and parsing/modeling a JSON response
- Experience using Dagger, AssertJ, JSON, Mockito, RxJava, RxAndroid, Robolectric, Espresso, Junit, Firebase / Google Analytics, Google Play Store
- Knowledge and experience using reactive programming, Android material design, and dependency injection
- GIT, Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Artifactory
- Room and LiveData
- Knowledge of TDD
- Experience working on a team in an Agile environment
This position must sit out of our IT Center in Tampa, FL. We are open to relocating qualified candidates to the Tampa area. Penske Responsibilities:
- Act as the primary contact and lead support associate for multiple native mobile modules and processes, resolving customer issues in a timely manner
- Participate in all aspects of the Mobile software Development lifecycle through supporting existing software development efforts and developing new software modules
- Develop, maintain, test, analyze performance, troubleshoot / fix applications and applicable code
- Delegate tasks and participate in reviewing code from junior onshore & offshore developers
- Produce deliverables with clean, well-documented and easily maintainable code that adheres to defined coding standards and best practices
- Collaborate with product owners in gaining an understanding of requirements / acceptance criteria and translate into technical requirements.
- Write unit / UI tests to help identify defects.
- Work closely with the project team and report clearly and accurately to management.
- Build and maintain stable working relationships internally.
- Implement software for applications and related technology, with minimum oversight
- Influence the discovery and decision-making process when changes to standards and technology are required (tools, conventions and design patterns)
- Provides support to the business by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility, implementation strategies)
- Communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross functional teams
- Ensuring solution is sustainable across implementation and use; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; and ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent years of software development experience required
- 5 years of overall technology experience with at least 3 years of native mobile development experience required
- Understanding of project management concepts
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of appropriate mobile design frameworks and patterns
- Ability to work independently
- Experience deploying applications to the App Stores
- Experience with Mobile Application features including geolocation, storage/filesystem, camera, barcode scanning
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- A team player mindset with an ability to thrive and effectively communicate in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Experience working in an agile development process
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer. About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
: Primary Location
: United States-Florida-Fort Myers Job
: Information Technology Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit):
: PTL.Mobile Developer Req ID: