Mobile App Product Manager (Pleasanton, CA)
We are looking for people who are interested in re-imagining the grocery experience by harnessing the power of digital technologies. The Product Management team has broad responsibility to leverage digital technologies to build best in class customer experiences and maximize return on investment.
The Mobile App Product Manager will help drive a digital product vision and roadmap that will allow us to deliver the brand promise of being customers favorite local supermarket. The Mobile App Product Manager is responsible for building business cases, defining, executing, and measures ecommerce and omnichannel mobile app product features and capabilities.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Champion the needs of customers, business teams, and stakeholders throughout the development process, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original goals and objectives of the project. Ability to operate in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity and provide solid recommendations.
• Identify unmet customer needs and develops possible feature/functionality concepts that meet those needs.
• Gather input from a variety of internal and external sources to define product concepts; responds to the needs of customers throughout the development process; analyzes competitors and market trends; evaluates technologies; develops detailed requirements, feature definitions, implementation plans, and internal communications
• Participate in cross-functional teams during the entire lifecycle of product development, including deployment and post-deployment activities. Proactively identifies problems that arise in the project, outlines options, recommends solutions, and escalates as needed
• Identify areas that require customer research and proposes research activities to direct supervisor and user experience team. Partners with user experience team to user-test designs through mock-ups, functional prototypes, etc. to ensure they are meeting intended goals
• Effectively influences and collaborates with others, presenting and securing approval from senior management and other key stakeholders, as necessary
• Anticipate upstream and downstream impacts of the project and works with internal business groups to adjust business tools and practices to support new features and functionality
• Responsible for communicating product solutions and benefits to customers and stakeholders; including knowledge transfer and training for on-going management of features
• Develop supporting business case, including financial impact and benefits statements, to support feature/functionality concepts and sell the concepts to internal audiences through persuasive oral and written presentations
• Build intelligent capability and feature roadmaps using research, data, business context and learnings as input
• Be recognized as an expert across the division – someone who has excellent judgment and whose projects have contributed significantly to the success of the organization
• Champion new initiatives to leadership team
• Write user stories as a part of the product development lifecycle that:
o directly support primary objectives of the project
o are appropriate in size for iterative development
o include clear and specific acceptance criteria
o consider dependencies on other stories and/or projects & initiatives
• Bachelor Degree required
• 2-4 years’ mobile app product management experience
• 2-4 years’ experience in one or more of the following areas preferred: program management, project management, product marketing, business development, management consulting desired, but not required
• Internet and retail experience strongly preferred
• Experience managing teams
• Strong analytical, prioritization and negotiating skills
• Usability and customer-focused design experience a plus
• Experience with A/B testing a plus
• Passionate about building great products and solving customer and business problems
• Strong quant and analytical abilities – you use data to make decisions but do not suffer from analysis paralysis.
Experience must include:
• Technical experience with the implementation of mobile SDKs, analytics tagging, ADA compliance,
• Technical fluency; comfortable understanding and discussing technology concepts, experience evaluating trade-offs and new opportunities with technical team members
• Proven track record designing and delivering customer experiences that create customer and business value
• Demonstrated track record of aligning to an overarching product vision, using data and analysis to support strategy and prioritization, and day to day product execution
• Experience with Mobile App Product Management preferred
• Experience with technical product backlog management and prioritization of user stories
• Experience working with offshore engineering teams on building features and quality assurance of solutions for Digital Loyalty, CRM, Marketing Cloud platforms using an agile methodology, including sprint planning, technical sizing of tasks, and feature prioritization.