Summary of Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
This position typically provides application expertise and support for a limited number of system applications/business functions. This position plays a key role in designing, encoding, testing and documenting the development and modification of applications. In addition, this position may assume a leadership role on small to medium size projects.
- Interfaces with users to determine the use of and requirements/specifications for development and/or modification to assigned business system/system application.
- Leads the design, development (encoding) and implementation of applications and application modifications.
- Leads the testing and debugging of applications prior to implementation.
- Develops and maintains documentation of applications and system integration.
- Consistently uses courtesy while providing application support to end users. Asks questions to gather information about the problem and listens carefully. Guides the user through diagnostic and resolution procedures, using clear and concise directions.
- Uses personal initiative and knowledge of application development to resolve a variety of moderately complex to highly complex applications problems. Uses good judgment, attention to detail, persistence and resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Works with little direct supervision, is a self-starter/self-motivated and is proactive and assertive.
- Possesses the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced team environment.
- Possesses the ability to address complex business and technical situations.
- Possesses the ability to analyze user requirements and design applications to meet business needs.
- Team oriented, possesses excellent organizational skills, communicates effectively and is able to collaborate with local and/or remote personnel to provide fast and effective solutions.
- Monitors applications to ensure maximum performance.
- Maintains and enhances applications to address newly discovered problems or new requirements.
- Executes backup and recovery procedures and processes as directed by organization and IT standards and policies.
- Follows policies and procedures to ensure corporate data security and change control.
- Freely shares information and technical guidance to application programmers who have less experience and expertise.
Education and Experience Requirements:
The preferred candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree or above in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, or other related field and 4 years of demonstrated applications programming experience OR 6 years of applications programming experience.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required/Mandatory:
- Understands and considers standard concepts, best practices and procedures related to application development.
- Expertise in a limited number of programming languages/application systems while becoming increasingly familiar with additional programming languages and/or application systems.
- Working knowledge of multiple application systems/business functions with expertise in selected systems/functions.
- Working knowledge of business goals, corporate IT standards, strategy and service level agreements.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of employees, both technical and non-technical.
- Establishes cooperative relationships with departments.
- Guides small to medium project teams effectively, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Searches for and identifies alternative and/or innovative solutions to technical problems.
- Uses planning skills to manage and complete projects on time and on budget.
- Exercises sound judgment when making decisions.
- Quickly adapts to multiple demands and rapidly changing priorities.
- 6+ years of Software and/or System Integration development and support.
- 4+ years of experience with Oracle SOA Suite 11.1 and above. Preferably, experience with Oracle SOA Suite 12c.
- Working knowledge, development experience, administration and support of mission critical Web Service applications; using SOA, preferably Oracle SOA Suite 12c, and other object-oriented development languages such as Java, C-Sharp.
- High level understanding of SOA and Web Service development concepts and patterns.
- High degree of understanding of Relational Database concepts and development experience using SQL, preferably Oracle 12c and above.
- Expertise in common protocols and technologies such as WSDL/SOAP, XML/XSD, XPath, XSL, XQuery, and JMS
- Development of Proxy and Business services utilizing Oracle Service Bus.
- Development of SOA Composites.
- Implementation of Mediator, BPEL, JMS and DB Adapters, and Human Workflows.
- Expertise in the use of Oracle MDS.
- Well-versed in the use of SubVersion for source code management.
- High level understanding of the WebLogic container and configuration of objects such as JMS, Datasources, Adapters, etc. • Excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience with automated build tools (Ant, Maven).
- Experience with WebLogic Server 12c.
- Experience with Oracle API Gateway and/or other similar gateway products.
- Experience with Oracle Data Integrator and/or other similar ETL/ELT products.
- Experience/skills with server and desktop administration.