Mobile Application Developer (Android)
5+ Years of Hands-on Development Experience
Onsite at Federal Client Site in Washington DC with some remote work
ABOUT ARTEMIS CONSULTING
Artemis Consulting is a D.C. area-based IT Services and Management Consulting firm that is on the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Our teams are collaborative, self-motivated, and focused on creating value for our clients. We are a growing company where you have an opportunity to learn and grow with your peers. We believe in getting the job done and having work-life balance. We offer competitive salaries with a comprehensive benefits package including employer-subsidized health, dental & vision insurance, 401(k) matching, 10 paid Federal holidays and paid vacation and sick leave.
JOB SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The ideal candidate for this position enjoys programming challenges. The ideal candidate is someone with hands-on current Android mobile application development experience. Build mobile applications using the Agile development methodology. Be part of a dynamic team that works closely with the client. Has the ability to be flexible is important as client requirements can shift.
The client atmosphere is congenial and welcomes ideas that can improve productivity or simplify code.
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Develop Android version of a new mobile application written in Kotlin (and as needed in Java)
- Support existing Android mobile applications written in Java
- Design and develop new Android applications, working collaboratively with other mobile developers and client technical staff
- Perform as technical developer on mobile development projects with responsibility for the overall delivery and testing of API-driven mobile applications.
- Review, analyze, and modify mobile applications, using a repeatable software development methodology including tasks like coding, testing, debugging, installing and scaling mobile applications.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Must be flexible, able to work in a highly collaborative environment, and work independently and collaboratively as needed. This position requires an individual who is able to produce well-written, well-documented, high-quality, and fast code. Excellent verbal and written English communication skills are a must. Must have superior interpersonal skills and strong communication skills
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Mobile application development on Android (having iOS experience as well is preferred)
- 3+ years native Android development
- Proficient with Java, Kotlin and the Android SDK
- Experience with multi-threaded programming in Java and Kotlin coroutines
- Familiarity using RESTful APIs
- Experience unit testing code
- Understanding of code versioning tools such as git
- Familiarity with Agile software development principles
- Knowledge of MVP and MVVM patterns
- Experience with front-end mobile design, including support for different mobile form factors
- Experience with testing of mobile applications
- Experience working with API-driven applications, especially those using RESTful JSON-based APIs
- Experience with deployment of mobile apps to Apple Store and Google Play Store
- Demonstrated experience working directly with clients
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to be onsite at Federal client site in downtown Washington DC 5 days a week (no remote work is allowed)
- Android application development, iOS experience a plus: 5 years
- Mobile application development: 5 years
Undergraduate Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science highly desired but can be substituted with 4 additional years of experience
- Work location is downtown DC (occasional off-site work permitted)
- US Citizen or those authorized to work in the US; visa sponsorship is not possible at this time
- Background and credit check is necessary
- We cannot consider any overseas or remote candidates who cannot relocate to Washington, DC, Maryland or Northern Virginia.
Artemis Consulting is an equal-opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, religious creed, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, or age.
Artemis Consulting uses e-Verify to verify employment eligibility.