Our client can only consider Citizens or Green Card holders at this time.
Mobile Application Developer positions at a high-profile government client. Developers will be responsible for working together as an agile team on a multi-year project in a complex technical environment to design, develop, and deploy an end-to-end mobile solution that will support a very large mobile workforce on a major government field operation. The initial deployment will be of a hybrid HTML5 application targeting the Windows 8.1 platform. Responsive design principles are central to our approach.
- Developing expertise in multiple new technologies and responsive design techniques to enable mobile application development across multiple platforms and form factors,
- Working closely with the Solution Architect to formulate the technical approach for multiple components and sub-systems that align with the overall MVVM solution architecture,
- Interfacing directly with the client Product Owner on a day-to-day basis to clarify and understand user stories, acceptance criteria, and the market forces that drive the solution requirements,
- Writing high quality software code as part of a team of technology generalists in two-week Scrum sprints.
- Participating in regular code reviews and pair-programming activities,
- Closely monitoring technical debt, and providing recommendations when technical trade-offs are required,
- Maintaining unit test coverage for all newly developed modules in support of a continuous integration paradigm,
- Participating in and sometimes leading bi-weekly sprint demos to the client, as part of a cohesive Scrum team.
- Designing and developing prototypes as needed in an R&D context to enable the evaluation of technical alternatives to complex problems in the mobile design space,
- Implementing a suite of security controls sufficient to ensure the integrity, confidentiality, and privacy of all sensitive data both at rest and in transit.
- jQuery / jQuery Mobile with Knockout
- Twitter Bootstrap
- Type Script
- WebGL and OpenGL graphics layers
- Web Service development in C#
- Oracle 11g including PL/SQL
- TeamCity continuous integration server
- Visual Studio IDE
- Evidence of strong general cognitive abilities: the ability to learn things and solve problems, to organize information, and to apply a structured logical approach to a challenging and unfamiliar problem space,
- Evidence of "emergent leadership skillsâ€*: the ability to understand when to step in, take ownership, and provide leadership on a team, and the humility to step back to allow for other team members to contribute as needed,
- Evidence of sustained curiosity both within and outside of your chosen field,
- All candidates will be required to provide a code sample for discussion at the interview.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience developing modern web applications for consumption on a mobile device using the principles of responsive design,
- Experience successfully deploying a mobile application the Android Market or the Apple App Store,
- Experience working as a consultant or contractor in the federal space,
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or other related field.