Seeking to obtain the services of one Senior Application Developer, with expertise in cloud
development for mobile applications. GGSD Supports Enterprise and
Human Resources (eHR) system, Financials, Timekeeping and Payroll applications.
The Department of the Auditor-Controller (A-C), has requested GGSD to develop
mobile capabilities to some of the existing applications in order to enhance user
experience and mobility.
The Consultant shall perform all the following duties:
- Using Agile methodologies, consult through the entire project lifecycle
(conceptual design, development, testing, and implementation).
- Gather and analyze requirements from users and business analysts.
- Provide technical support and guidance on cloud technologies such as Azure Cloud, Amazon Web Services, or Google Cloud.
- Utilize source control management tools GitHub and BitBucket.
- Update work progress in project management tools Jira and Azure DevOps.
- Participate in daily standup meetings with team members and periodic status meetings with customers
- Ensure all new development meets modern day industry standards.
- Assist in the development of proofs-of-concepts and prototypes in cloud
- Apply secure code principles and use static application security testing tools to identify and remediate security vulnerabilities.
- Optimize code for performance and use load and stress testing tools to ensure readiness for Enterprise-level usage.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues during development and post-implementation.
- Prepare thorough technical design documents for the development effort.
- Provide off-hours and weekend support for system maintenance, as
- Conduct knowledge transfer sessions with team members and lead for post-
- Conduct demos, trainings, and walkthrough sessions with customers.
The Consultant must meet all of the following qualifications:
1. Three (3) years of experience within the last five (5) years with mobile
development with the following skills:
a. Java EE Technologies: Servlet, JSP, JSTL, JCE (Java Cryptographic
c. Web UI Frameworks/Libraries: jQuery, Ionic
d. Web Service Technologies: SOAP, REST
e. Database Technologies: SQL, Oracle
f. HTTP Servers: IBM HTTP Server
g. Source Control: GitHub, Bitbucket
h. Project Management: Jira
i. Build Tools: Maven, Ant, NPM
2. Two (2) years of experience within the last five (5) years in developing and
supporting Enterprise-level systems consisting of at least 1,000 users.
3. Two (2) years of experience within the last five (5) years in Mobile app
4. Two (2) years of experience within the last five (5) years applying DevOps
5. Two (2) years of experience within the last five (5) years with automated testing
6. Two (2) years of experience within the last five (5) years working on Cloud
Platforms, such as: Azure, AWS, Google Cloud.
7. Two (2) years of experience within the last five (5) years using API
8. Two (2) years of experience within the last five (5) years with Directory Service
Technologies, such as: LDAP, Microsoft Azure Active Directory, MIMS.
9. Two (2) years of experience within the last five (5) years using Java Application
Servers, such as: WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat.
Resumes submitted must contain clear evidence that above requirements are met. Partial months of experience will not be accepted as a full year. Candidates are expected to provide names, main or direct telephone numbers and/or current emails of persons who can substantiate any/all experience and job performance. References will be verified, and additional references may be requested if called for an interview.