CEIs client in Philadelphia is seeking a Mobile Application Engineer (openings for both iOS and Android Developers) to join our Digital Home Client Engineering group.
In this role, you will work with other mobile client application engineers, as well as platform API and embedded hardware engineers, designers, testers, product managers and business managers to provide technical leadership and guidance across the Digital Home Client Engineering and Applications teams.
- 4+ years professional experience in developing native client applications on iOS and/or Android.
- Java/Kotlin experience (Android) or Objective C/Swift (iOS) Experience
- A demonstrable grasp of Data Structures and Algorithms
- Fundamental understanding of the HTTP protocol
- Experience managing software projects with source control systems (e.g. GitHub)
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality that follows best practices
- A strong passion for learning and adapting to new technologies
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team while being highly productive independently
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science
- Experience building out consumer facing mobile applications with millions of users
- Experience in caching, especially in HTTP compliant caches
- Experience maintaining Continuous Integration and Deployment pipelines/workflows
- Experience working with Internet-of-things frameworks or platforms (SmartThings, Nest, AWS IOT, etc.)
- Familiarity / Experience with micro-services architectures and development leveraging AWS
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- DevOps experience