About Sterling Medical Devices:
Sterling Medical Devices, a provider of custom electro-mechanical and software solutions for the medical device industry, has been dedicated to helping our clients resolve medical device development challenges. Our engineering teams address the whole development process: systems, software, electronics, mechanical, quality, and compliance. Our headquarters, located in Moonachie, NJ, is a casual work environment that engages our team in cutting edge technologies and projects.
Sterling has over 20 years of experience working with doctors, startups, medical device companies and providing solutions for healthcare companies that need to scale up quickly to bring medical device software, hardware, mechanical, and mobile medical device apps to market by successfully navigating the FDA and CE approval process. We design our client’s products with a focus on the user needs and requirements, while making smart design choices based on our extensive and diverse product development experience.
We are currently searching for qualified Mobile Developer to join our team. This position works closely with our engineers to develop and maintain high quality mobile applications for medical devices. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with strong Objective - C, Java, C# and C++ skills and a passion for being part of a team developing medical technologies that improve people’s lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support), producing scalable and efficient mobile applications
- Understand client necessities, lead and drive technical discussion, and deliver high-quality standards documents of process and design for architectures, technical design, code standards, development methodologies, and QA
- Produce fully functional mobile applications writing clean code
- Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions
- Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
- Design interfaces to improve user experience
- Ensure new and legacy applications meet quality standards
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or similar discipline
- 3-5 years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience developing with iOS or Andriod
- 3+ years of experience developing with C++
- Proven work experience as a Mobile developer
- Demonstrated experience in application development, including analysis, solution design and implementation, testing, and debugging
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on the App store or the Android market
- Apple build process & App Store submission process experience are required
- Swift, Objective-C, and Java experience required
- Knowledge of and ability to work in a safety-related quality process. Experience with ISO, FDA, etc. would be a plus
In-depth knowledge of at least one programming language like Swift and Java
Familiarity with OOP design principles
Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
Ability to perform in a team environment
Knowledge and Skills:
- Object Oriented Design skills are required
- Development experience in Objective-C, Java, C++, and C#
- Ability to develop in Agine development methodologies
- Highly skilled at full-stack development and architecting software systems
- Strong knowledge of and ability to work in a safety related quality process. A plus would be: experience with ISO, FDA, FAA (DO-178B), DOD, etc.
- Excellent understanding of data structure/integration and relational database design
- Strong ability to effectively and efficiently analyze information
- Strong knowledge of software documentation and testing
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to interact well with clients
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams in a fast moving environment
- Excellent analytical skills
- High level of initiative with ability to self-manage
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Sterling Medical Devices (SMD) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. SMD does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.”
Local candidates only at this time, please. We do not offer relocation assistance.
No third-party candidates please.