If you are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates, then this job may be perfect for you. As part of the Information Technology team, you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will use your expertise to solve complex problems and find unique solutions. The work you’ll do every single day will make people’s lives, work and play better.
We are hiring a Mobile Architect to work with an exciting team in an exciting space. This position is responsible for developing native mobile experiences for our customers. Our team is a close-knit and lean organization of high performing individuals focused on creating best-in-class solutions within Verizon. Our work spans from enhancing high volume online self-serve applications and mobile experiences covering transactional flow, content management, search, community forums and virtual agents. The group prides itself on its ability to be quick, agile and innovative. We're looking for a highly motivated individual to work on customer facing android and IOS app.
- Develops systems and applications using complex algorithms to deliver business functions or architectural components.
- Develop system architecture that improves designs & mapping form to function.
- Educate team members about integrating systems collaboratively & efficiently.
- Understand a given solution to assess its alignment with business needs.
- Keep abreast of emerging industry trends to continuously update Verizon’s operations and assess how competition differs from Verizon’s current state.
- Communicate the business value of technical solutions.
- Discover mutually beneficial solutions across customers while recognizing different styles.
- B.S. or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with mobile application development.
- Experience as a developer for native android applications.
- Experience with android studio, different version of android OS, different screen sizes, debugging tools, memory management, multi-threading techniques, and/or UI design.
Ideally, you'll also have:
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Development of Android applications including end to end integration with back-end micro services.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Hands on experience building backend microservices using spring cloud.
- Experience working with devops model.
- Knowledge about cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- Experience with Swift, Objective-C, Xcode, iOS versions, debugging tools, memory management, multi-threading techniques, UI design is a plus.
- Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams.
- Communication & stakeholder management skills.
- Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.