Title: Front End Mobile Developer ( Part Remote )
Start Date: March 2019
# of Openings: 1
Position Type: Contract or FTE Salary
Location: Suitland, MD
Unable to work with third party vendors of visas
Job Title: Mobile Developer
Contracted to build mobile applications that support field data collection for the (government project ) . We are currently building the Listing and Mapping Application (LiMA) and the Mobile Case Management system (MCM). Both systems are in production now with 6,000 end users and both systems will be used in the massive operations where they will be used by 180,000 end users. LiMA is written as a C# Windows 8.1 desktop program with an IIS and Oracle 12c backend. MCM is written in HTML5 with an IIS and Oracle 12c backend. The purpose of these programs is to enable field workers to gather survey data in the field going door to door and neighborhood to neighborhood.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Seeking energetic and dedicated team member who can join our Mobile Case Management frontend development team. This is a senior technical position requiring 10 years of experience and a bachelors degree. Developers will be responsible for working together as an agile team on a multi-year project in a complex technical environment to design, develop, and deploy an end-to-end mobile solution that will support a mobile workforce on a government field operation. The deployment will be of a hybrid HTML5 application targeting the Windows tablet platform. Responsive design principles are central to our approach.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing expertise in multiple new technologies and responsive design techniques to enable mobile application development,
- Working closely with the Solution Architect to formulate the technical approach for multiple components and sub-systems that align with the overall MVVM solution architecture,
- Writing high quality software code as part of a team of technology generalists in two-week Scrum sprints.
- Participating in regular code reviews and pair-programming activities,
- Closely monitoring technical debt, and providing recommendations when technical trade-offs are required,
- Maintaining unit test coverage for all newly developed modules in support of a continuous integration paradigm,
- Participating in and sometimes leading bi-weekly sprint demos to the client, as part of a cohesive Scrum team.
- Designing and developing prototypes as needed in an R&D context to enable the evaluation of technical alternatives to complex problems in the mobile design space,
- Implementing a suite of security controls sufficient to ensure the integrity, confidentiality, and privacy of all sensitive data both at rest and in transit.
- jQuery / jQuery Mobile with Knockout
- Twitter Bootstrap
- Type Script
- WebGL and OpenGL graphics layers
- Web Services development in C#
- Oracle 12c including PL/SQL
- Jenkins continuous integration server
- Visual Studio IDE
- Bachelor's Degree in CS, IST or a related field of study
- Evidence of strong general cognitive abilities: the ability to learn things and solve problems, to organize information, and to apply a structured logical approach to a challenging and unfamiliar problem space,
- Evidence of "emergent leadership skills”: the ability to understand when to step in, take ownership, and provide leadership on a team, and the humility to step back to allow for other team members to contribute as needed,
- Evidence of sustained curiosity both within and outside of your chosen field,
- All candidates will be required to provide a code sample for discussion at the interview.
- 10 years of experience in a technology related field
- Bachelors degree
- Experience developing modern web applications for consumption on a mobile device using the principles of responsive design,
Jeff Moore Sr. Talent Manager
201 645 3370 direct