Title: Mobile Device Support
Location: Washington, DC 20433
Duration: 12 Months – Possible Extension
Hiring Manager Notes:
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in IT/engineering highly desired.
Associate Degree is a must.
Young & Energetic, Smart Candidates
Excellent customer service skills, well spoken, smile on their face, lively, make the client comfortable.
Basic technical skills should be enough. They can train them.
Candidates who are looking to stick around for a long time.
People working in Mobile repair kiosks at Apple, Verizon, ATT,T-Mobile or any telecomm company will be perfect fit.
Good to have LinkedIn Profiles.
The incumbent will serve as the primary support resource for all technical IT matters within GRAS offices. The Technology Support Specialist will be responsible for:
- Providing direct support for all office technology (Laptops and mobile devices).
- Supports technology deployment, upgrades, and configuration.
- Provide end user support on IT Mobility services and deliver trainings.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide support in the IT asset life cycle management process, and maintain a proper inventory and assignment of all IT related equipment and software
- Adhere to the Information Security guidelines in managing user accounts, configure and troubleshoot IT equipment including laptops, iOS and Android mobile devices
- Provide support in configuring, installing and supporting of standard software and applications
- Document troubleshooting steps, create relevant FAQs, and provide other documents as needed
- Resolve incident tickets related to all supported services
- Serve as a point of contact for the Help Desk, application owners, and tier-3 support teams on issues related to GRAS services
- Participate in projects, assessment of new technology, deployment, and implementation of hardware and software upgrades
- Deliver training sessions to the IT community and end-users on new services, and WBG ITS standards and best practices
- Follow up on all laptop and mobile hardware fixes and repairs
- Work closely with relevant teams prior to a release of new mobile or desktop computing solutions
- Provide training for newly hired team members
- Provide/Generate comprehensive reports and metrics for monitoring of services
- Assist in the GRAS communications efforts
- Collect feedback on IT and mobility services (GRAS) from clients utilizing various methods
- Work closely with other units as required
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Science, Math, Engineering or other relevant fields
- In-depth experience in supporting PCs and mobile devices
- Experience in supporting Mobile Device Management systems such as MobileIron, Intune, etc.
- Experience in supporting MS Windows, iOS, and Android OS
- Experience in using an Incident Management Systems such as Remedy, ServiceNow, etc.
- Excellent client management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Desired Skills/Abilities (not required but a plus):
- Experience working in a diverse environment
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of cloud technologies
- Good knowledge of project management