Software Engineering Manager
Full Time opportunity in Mountain View, CA (100% remote)
Our Client Engineering team is working to improve people's lives, reversing chronic diseases. With our broad mission, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
Our Mobile team builds products and features that drive the core experience of our platform. We enable users to easily manage,monitor and enhance their daily lives. This position will play a key role in building and supporting mobile features. In this role there will be opportunity to lead across different development stacks and influence product decisions.
This Is What You’ll Do
- Work with product managers to understand the requirements and architect solutions – you are able to drive ambiguity out of requirements and articulate broadly applicable solutions.
- Lead a team of talented engineers to design and develop end-to-end services across web/app (Android/iOS), backend and 3rd party integrations.
- Develop state of the art code – influence/establish the software development culture of the team. Establish standards and best practices for software engineering
- Collaborate with various partner engineering teams to support their needs in a timely manner
- Manage product backlogs and lead the team in SCRUM activities
- Define key metrics and KPIs and implement them to ensure maximum service up-time
- Hire, grow and retain top engineering talent
This Is What You’ll Need
- Minimum of a combined 12 years of experience as a software engineer and manager
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an engineering manager
- Possess strong experience in building end-to-end cloud native distributed applications across web/mobile/app
- Strong system design and architecture skills
- Experience working in a fast paced, agile work environment
- Passionate about fostering a culture of teamwork and collaboration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic mindset – able to think far enough into the future while ensuring near term execution and providing glide path into the future vision
Plus : Hands on experience on modern code stack in Android/iOS/Flutter.