Want to join us on our exciting journey?
Volvo Cars is on an exciting journey, redefining the automotive experience by innovating to make people's lives less complicated. We offer you a once-in-a-lifetime chance to make an impact in a company with unique opportunities to grow and make a true difference. What We Can Offer
Volvo's mission is to be the world's most progressive and desired premium car company and to make people's lives less complicated. Here at Volvo we are looking for individuals that want to be a part of this progressive change as well as be talented, committed and fun spirited when joining our globally diversified workforce. Employees at Volvo Car Inc. are the key component to our current and future success. We still continue to follow the initial core values instilled by our founders Assar Gabrielsson and Gustaf Larson ( Gothenburg, Sweden Circa 1927).
Everything we do here at Volvo starts with people in mind. We are looking for employees who are analytical, interpersonal, technical and teamwork driven to join the Volvo family and by providing our employees with a foundation for success we can help develop the latest and greatest innovations to the car manufacturing market. Job Purpose
As a Mobile UX Designer
on the Volvo Cars App Team, you'll have the opportunity to drive innovative connected digital experiences for current and prospective customers. Serving as the voice of the customer through varied forms of UX research, you'll collaborate with local and global business and technical teams to create concepts and interactive prototypes, enabling agile development teams to build new and enhanced features. What You Can Bring UX Research
Concepts & Design
- Perform research specific to the mobile app area, primarily focused on the mobile customer experience and associated emerging feature areas (electrification, personalization, convenience, etc.); perform data analysis and A/B tests associated with market potential, customer requirements, growth potential, market trends, etc.
- Perform market-focused Connected Car research for areas beyond and/or parallel to the mobile app customer experience (infotainment, subscriptions, etc.) to support new opportunity identification and app-to-vehicle experience cohesion.
- Work closely with Global UX Design, Global and Local Product Teams, and varied business stakeholders to align prioritization of emergent areas of opportunity. Share insights across the company.
Development Team Collaboration & Process Enhancement
- Maintain up-to-date end-to-end regional/local-level interactive prototypes for the Volvo Cars App to support varied strategic planning and business discussions.
- Complete new/enhanced concept and feature-level design to deliver end-to-end user experience design; create user flows, wireframes, and prototypes that balance design aesthetics with intuitive functionality.
- Participate in discovery/planning workshops and meetings to support strategic alignment.
- Partner with Global UX for final UI designs aligned to standard visual design patterns / style guides.
Who You Are
- Partner with the U.S.-based Connected Car Technology Team (responsible for connectivity testing and local application platform management, app development and operations) to support the transition from design to development; as supportive, join daily scrum meetings to discuss concepts and design and align with developers in an agile manner.
- Collaborate with Global UX and act as a liaison to the Global UX design group to align design processes and systems to local Volvo Cars App agile teams.
- A degree in design, psychology, human computer/machine interaction, social science, or related fields and experience conducting research for digital products
- A strong understanding of how qualitative and quantitative research can guide interaction design and visual design
- Experience across the entire digital design process (including but not limited to creating user flows, wireframes, and prototypes)
- Experience with the use of prototyping and design tools
- Experience with mobile software design and development (best practices)
- Strong organization, communications and collaboration skills, with a customer-focused approach
- Comfort working with ambiguity and transforming high-level vision / ideas into concrete design
Additional Preferred Competencies
- Automotive and technology experience, preferably in emerging technologies (electrification, etc.)
- Experience working for a gaming, e-commerce, mobile/web application, and/or consumer-focused tech company
- Experience working with varied agile / planning / collaboration / communication tools
- Experience working with consumer
Show, don't tell!
Who are we?
- Applicants must provide a portfolio of design samples as part of their application.
Everything we do starts with people. Our purpose is to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable and safe way. We are committed to simplifying our customers' lives by offering better technology solutions that improve their impact on the world and bringing the most advanced mobility innovations to protect them, their loved ones and the people around them.
In the spirit of a human-centric environment, we strongly believe in the well-being of our employees as well as their families. There are generous health and wellness programs that begin day-one with the company as well as a wide variety of other benefit programs including a comprehensive 401(k), potential for retention & company bonuses, and an opportunity to be a brand ambassador through our car incentive programs! Furthermore, in an effort to build the workday around our employees, we also offer remote flexibility working options. Lastly, to build on our commitment for equal parenting roles for all genders, we recently launched a new parental leave policy which offers up to 24 weeks of leave at 80% of base pay.
Volvo Cars' continued success is the result of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment. The people of Volvo Cars are committed to making a difference in our world. Today, we are one of the most well-known and respected car brands, with over 40,000 employees across the globe. We believe in bringing out the best in each other and harnessing the true power of people. At Volvo Cars your career is designed around your talents and aspirations so you can reach your full potential. Join us on a journey of a lifetime as we create safety, autonomous driving and electrification technologies of tomorrow.
Mahwah, NJ, US
Job requisition ID: 54954