Job ID: 2117096 Location:
EL SEGUNDO , CA , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
Yes, 25 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
Top SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
TS/SCIPotential for Remote Work:
SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer with Digital Engineering/Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience in Defense and National Security systems to join our energized team of solution architects supporting an exciting variety of space programs and corporate initiatives to provide advanced Engineering, Integration and Logistics capabilities.
In this position, you will exercise both thought leadership and practical engineering application by leveraging your extensive Systems Engineering and Model Based Systems Engineering experiences to grow the Digital Engineering Innovation organization and solution offerings to best support our customers. You will use your knowledge of systems engineering processes, methods, tools, SysML and program roles to help develop, implement, and deploy Digital Engineering solutions and services for use on individual programs. You will learn, apply, and continuously improve our current Digital Engineering platform to capture stakeholder and system requirements, facilitate discussion and understanding of digital solutions, and enhance the digital engineering culture. You will engage with other systems engineers directly supporting programs and foster broader understanding of modeling and assist them in developing Engineering, Integration, and Logistics digital work products. As part of the team, you will be required to mentor others on our solutions and standards, as well as support proposals and business development activities. Successful candidate in this position will bring a record of application of systems engineering and digital engineering/MBSE methods and creative thought-leadership to mature and develop revolutionary digital engineering solutions across a portfolio of national security space systems. POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT VARIOUS LEVELS Qualifications EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must have an active Top Secret Clearance and satisfy the requirements to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI. US Citizenship is required. DESIRED SKILLS :
- Bachelors and 5+ years of related experience or 3+ years with a Masters
- Experience using enterprise modeling tools (e.g. Rhapsody and Cameo/Magic Draw/SparxEA) to model complex systems using SysML
- Broad systems engineering experience (e.g. system architecture and design, systems documentation, system requirements, CONOPS, systems verification)
- Proven ability to work effectively and collaborate in a dynamic, fast paced, team oriented environment
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to independently execute tasks in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills
- Experience supporting US Federal Government agencies and processes
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Advanced Degree
- OMG Certified System Modeling Professional (OSCMP)
- Exposure to multidisciplinary analysis and optimization tools (Model Center, Simulia, etc.) and digital engineering lifecycle management tools (DNG, RQM, iRIS, etc.) is a bonus
- Experience leading SE teams through all phases of the systems engineering lifecycle using Digital Engineering (MBSE)
- Knowledge of DODI 5000.02 and JCIDS process
- Practical experience with IEEE 15288
- INCOSE Certification (ASEP, CSEP, or ESEP) dependent on experience
- Experience or familiarity with Scaled Agile Framework Environment (SAFe)
- Experience or familiarity with administration of Model Based Engineering tools
- Broad Model Based Engineering Applications and Technology background (i.e. tools, OSLC, internet of things, etc.)
- Experience or familiarity with various analytical and decisions aid tools (e.g. MatLab, Aras Innovator, STK, etc.)
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.