Job ID: 2110041 Location:
CHANTILLY , VA , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
Top SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
NonePotential for Remote Work:
SAIC is seeking Systems Engineers at various experience levels to provide Engineering services of complex space and ground efforts as part of an exciting and innovative program. These Engineering Professionals will support system engineering and integration activities that define and integrate major space systems and associated ground elements from concept into an operational enterprise.
This position is located in Chantilly, VA
and requires a Top Secret Clearance
with the willingness and ability to obtain a higher level clearance.
In this role, you should possess working knowledge of large space/ground systems test and integration activities necessary to enable the successful demonstration of operational capabilities in a larger enterprise. As a Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) Professional you will provide System Engineering services across all engineering disciplines critical to developing and assembling the operational capabilities into an integrated architecture.
- Provide MBSE expertise as part of a world-class Engineering and Integration team
- Support Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) activities to identify program requirements and relationships, and manage the execution of the systems engineering process, including interfaces, key performance parameters, and operational concepts
- Develop and integrate system models; incorporating inputs from stakeholder requirements, interface documentation, and related design and systems engineering documents
- Develop operational concepts, requirements, and architectural designs; Evolve system architectures, conduct and analyze requirements flow down, propose verification methodologies
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including senior executive officials, military officers, development contractors, and end users.
- Provide mission analysis to support definition of technical requirements and interfaces, provide analysis of alternatives, guide development, and evaluate expected performance against requirements and mission needs
- Develop briefings and assessments to a variety of audiences, and must be able to convey information in a clear and articulate manner to Government leadership.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Current DoD TS clearance (prefer TS/SCI with ability to obtain a polygraph)
Required Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field or 4 years additional experience in lieu of degree
- Strong leadership, interpersonal communications skills
- Proven experience with Systems Modeling Language (SysML) and architecture frameworks such as Unified Architecture Framework (UAF) and Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DODAF)
- Proven experience with MBSE and other tools to support analysis and visualization
- Working knowledge of systems engineering documentation to include concepts of operations, interface control documents, and verification and test
- Ability to provide technical and programmatic direction on the development, integration, and use of model-based engineering and model-based systems engineering models
- Proficient understanding of fundamental model development and its application to architecture or system design
- Understanding of modeling best practices and quality management processes
- Experience developing model structure and data management principles
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize competing requirements and tasks
- Possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team
Desired Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Masters Degree in a STEM field
- Experience in large systems acquisition
- Experience in 1 of these 3 backgrounds: Space, Ground RADAR or EO related systems
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.