We're looking for a sharp analytical thinker who's adept at financial valuation and modeling to join our Advisory practice. You will assist our team in providing valuation and modeling expertise related to derivatives and other complex financial instruments for Deloitte's clients in North America and worldwide. You will work on valuation of fixed income, equity, and credit derivatives for both internal and external clients, and will also be involved in consulting services related to quantitative modeling, model review, and financial instrument valuation.Work you'll do:
You will provide a range of qualitative and quantitative consulting services in the areas of financial instrument valuation, modeling, model validation and model risk management, risk management, valuation and model governance. In addition you will serve as a team member for financial valuation projects and quantitative consulting engagements, work on assigned project responsibilities and meet project requirements, maintain effective communications with clients and team to ensure client satisfaction, serve as a member on engagement where responsibilities include detailed execution of valuation and modeling projects and documentation of modeling methodologies and results. Learn about Deloitte's Regulatory & Operations Risk Practice. The team:
Working across industry sectors, from law firms to government agencies, we bring deep experience in valuing, modeling and analyzing business interests and their underlying assets, including real estate, fixed assets, intellectual property and complex financial instruments. We have a highly-specialized expertise connected with a deep understanding of our clients businesses and markets, this enables us to provide insights related to the full spectrum of business transactions from mergers and acquisitions to litigation and disputes. This helps us identify opportunities for growth and maximize long-term advantage for our clients. Qualifications:
- Strong background in mathematical finance at the level of a PhD or Master's level degree in Mathematical Finance, Mathematics of Finance, Financial Engineering or Quantitative Finance or a related field is required. Very strong undergraduates with necessary background and or relevant work experience may be considered.
- PhD, CPA, CIA, CFA, CA, CCA, CMA, CAIA or FRM certification required
- Familiarity with financial markets, derivative valuation, trading, deal structuring or risk management.
- 10 years of relevant work experience (pricing, risk management, data analysis and quantitative modeling, model development and in-depth knowledge/exposure to pricing methods and forecasting models).
- Understanding of financial instrument valuation concepts.
- Strong analytical and computer skills including experience with quantitative analysis technical tools and techniques.
- Ability to explain difficult financial modeling/valuation concepts to diverse audiences and to experts at various clients.
- Comfortable providing technical assistance and financial modeling expertise to non-technical clients and internal teams.
- Serve as member on engagement where responsibilities include detailed execution of valuation and modeling projects and documentation of modeling methodologies and results.
- Provide recommendations for improved and enhanced business efficiency to clients.
- Assume responsibility for managing engagements.
- Demonstrated track record of team leadership and project management.
- Experience mentoring staff, evaluating performance and providing candid performance feedback.
- Recognize, communicate and lead opportunities to sell "add on" work and new work to clients.
- Writing/reviewing of various reports related to engagements.
- Work on assigned project responsibilities and meet project requirements. Maintain effective communications with client and team to ensure client satisfaction.
- Apply problem solving skills and deliver Deloitte methodology on engagements.
- Exercise professional judgment on engagements by providing proactive solutions and recommendations.
- Proactively manage career by setting goals and career plans with advisor/career counselor.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Exhibit a professional, business-like demeanor.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Ability to travel 50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Related consulting experience.
- Background in derivatives finance, including detailed knowledge of derivatives theory and securities pricing and financial instrument types and structures.
- Experience with derivatives and complex financial instruments valuation.
- Experience with Asset Liability Management (ALM) or Counterparty Valuation Adjustment (CVA) is a plus.
- Experience with quantitative analysis technical tools and techniques such as Bloomberg, MATLAB, Monte-Carlo Simulation tools such as Crystal Ball and @Risk, FinCAD, NumeriX, Savysoft TOPS, Principia, Summit, SuperDerivatives.