Job ID: 2212492 Location:
CHANTILLY , VA , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
NoMinimum Clearance Required:
TS/SCI with PolyClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
NonePotential for Remote Work:
SAIC has a funded need for a Modeling & Simulation Engineer
to support a rapidly expanding Government Intelligence Community (IC) customer with cutting-edge programs within the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) in Chantilly, VA.
Note: The role offers a flexible work schedule, but we ask our team to be available for team meetings during core business hours (10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.).
- Perform orbital mechanics modeling including orbit determination, orbital maneuvering, and spacecraft flight dynamics
- Supporting Sensor phenomenology (optics/radar/RF)
- Utilize and develop cutting-edge mod / sim tools and algorithms to help address some of the most challenging issues regarding Space Situational Awareness (SSA) for the Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DOD).
- Develop code / scripts to develop algorithms, perform analyses, and automate data processing to model space conflict scenarios for system evaluation and mission effectiveness
- Work in a collaborative team environment studying and analyzing a wide variety of interesting and complex problems in the Space domain.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM related field such as Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Aerospace, Computer Science, etc. and nine (9) years of experience; OR Masters and seven (7) years of experience ; OR PhD or JD and four (4) years of experience.
- Active Top Secret/SCI w/Poly Clearance
- Experience using one or more of the following: C++, Python, R, SQL, PostgreSQL, Linux, MATLAB, VBA, or STK
- Engineering analysis (collecting, organizing, analyzing data) experience
- Excellent communication skills that will allow the presentation of findings to internal and external customers
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion , which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com . For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom .
My SAIC Benefits.