In this role, you will develop computer models and simulations and serve as an engineer / analyst supporting performance assessment and optimization of globally distributed production, logistics and technical operations. Your assignments will be challenging and your creativity required to develop and implement plans, concepts, models and simulations and analysis results. This role requires strong team work where you will regularly share your ideas and approach towards our solutions with customers and teammates.
We invite you to come be part of KIHOMAC's celebrated culture. We are committed to customer service; to doing the right thing always; striving to be the best; and maintaining workplace of mutual respect. Our employees are passionate about what they do, and they enjoy making a difference, and frankly, we think it shows. Qualifications
Expertise and Functions
- Education/Training (both required and desired):
- Bachelor's Degree in mathematics, computer science or other relevant discipline required
- 2+ years of professional experience in the required task area
- 2+ years working with Discrete Event, Agent Based and Stochastic modeling methods
- 2 + years of model and simulation implementations using MATLAB, Java, Python or C/C++
- Must be a ====
- Ability to obtain a security clearance may be required
- Provides support to Program/Project Manager, Contracting, or mid-level Engineering personnel in the areas of program scheduling, configuration management, finance and accounting, contracting, data analyses, database development or manipulation, preparation of technical/program reports or briefings, test plans and reports, and associated documentation, test or validation/verification assistance
- Plans/oversees test or project events as assigned by Program Manager or Engineering supervisor, reports status and results
- Develops basic, dynamic and predicative models and simulations using MATLAB, Simulink, other modeling tools and programming languages
- Configures software and data storage for development, configuration management and deployment of models and simulations
- Applies first and second order principles to model and simulate the behavior and performance of production operations and logistical networks
- Applies Agile principles to iteratively phase, develop and demonstrate models and simulations
- Participates in technical interchange meetings with customers to gather requirements and to present result
- Participates in the collection and preparation of data for attributing and validating models and simulations.
- Perform verification and validation activities supporting accreditation reviews
- Provides narrative inputs to technical reports in the areas of concepts, design, system structure, inputs / outputs, algorithms and source code
- Occasional travel 15%
- Other duties as assigned
KIHOMAC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.