Description Job Description:
Grow with us! Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to accelerate your career path.
The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) is seeking you, our next Modeling & Simulation (M&S) Engineer to join our growing team performing applied research and development. You will primarily work and develop applications out of the Leidos Beavercreek OH office, with regular on-site support visits at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH and occasional visits to Leidos in Arlington, VA.
You will help improve and maintain our Leidos developed special purpose electronic warfare analysis simulation tool(s) to integrate into the Advanced Framework for Simulation, Integration, and Modeling (AFSIM) simulation environment and other USAF tools and applications. AFSIM is a U.S. Air Force simulation environment written in C++ and utilized for engagement-level and mission-level analysis by military operations research analysts to evaluate combat effectiveness of advanced weapon system concepts. AFSIM is a Monte Carlo simulation tool which may be run either constructively to generate analytic results, or in real-time to support Operator in the Loop (OITL) Experimentation and Wargaming needs. AFSIM is now becoming accepted as a standard operations analysis tool across DoD and industry. One such AFSIM plug-in is AVALON. AVALON is a test and evaluation framework for Electronic Warfare (EW) applications developed by Leidos. AVALON models the emitter radio frequency (RF) environment as well as EW systems and their algorithms at high fidelity. You will assist in creation of EW system and threat models and algorithms.
In addition to helping to improve and maintain the EW analysis simulation tool(s), the successful candidate will perform systems engineering and interface with our customers to assist with tool execution and integration issues.
Fun stuff you will do on the job:
• Execute, modify and integrate EW simulation and analysis tool(s) with the customer in Matlab and AFSIM scripts to support AF AFSIM based M&S of intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance, and EW Sensors
• Develop and refine Leidos EW analysis simulation tool(s) and models as a direct extension of the Leidos development team (Arlington VA)
• Test, evaluate, and document issues with the Leidos developed special purpose AFSIM plugins including AVALON, RF Emitter Agents (developed by Leidos and Dynetics), and EW System Agents (i.e. ESM Receivers, EW Suites and their algorithms) and support the development team with resolving these issues.
• Document feature requests with the Leidos developed special purpose AFSIM plugins and support the program management and development teams
To be successful in this role you will need the following skills:
• Active Secret or higher clearance.
• Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace, Electrical Engineering, Applied Math, Computer Science, Operations Analyst, or similar field, and 6-10 years of relevant experience.
• Experience with MATLAB
• Strong analytical, presentation, coordination skills.
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Experience with working with AFSIM and/or other military model, simulation, decision support tools to support operations assessment; as well as lessons learned development/refinement experience
• Radar and/or electronic warfare systems experience and/or coursework
• Experience with Agile software development methodologies (Scrum Certification a plus).
• Experience with Model-Based Design code generation practices.
• Experience with other programming languages such as Python, C++, and/or Java.
• Master's Degree in Aerospace, Electrical Engineering, Applied Math, Computer Science, or similar field, and 6-10 years of relevant experience.
• Knowledge of Joint and/or AF Doctrine, CONOPS, CONEMPS and TTPs.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus: Eligible Potential for Telework:
No Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Day Requisition Category:
Professional Job Family:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.