Live IT Up at Ciber Global
At Ciber Global, we believe the most inspired, innovative and industrious companies should win, regardless of size or legacy. We re the small company that cares and the big company that can. We deliver breakthrough performances and powerful solutions that are anything but cookie cutter in order to give our clients the competitive advantage they deserve.
- The Sr. Data Engineer position works on a central team of Data Systems Engineers and Administrators supporting Distributed Data Platforms for client Connected, Advanced Technologies and corporate development teams and customers.
- Primary focus of this position will be Data engineering product support, automation and service of operational and business processes for internet sites and corporate applications for client.
- Key responsibilities include DB technology evaluation, guidance and consultation, design support, task automation and scripting, best practice and standards development, capacity planning, optimization and tuning, system upgrades and migrations, performance management, monitoring, security, backup and recovery, issue troubleshooting, and documentation. Additional tasks as assigned.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Responsible for level 2 systems management and exercises project-level control over initiatives.
- Excellent technical expertise in relevant state of the art data technologies, data security, data systems, and its design.
- Develops, enhances and adheres to engineering and administration standards.
- Upholds and maintains strong documentation.
- The ideal candidate will have strong experience with at least one of the Pubic Cloud providers like AWS, Google Cloud Services and Azure and 5-7 years experience with products such as Cassandra, MongoDB, Spark etc.
- Relational Database Administration experience in the past is a plus.
- Degree in computer science/information systems, engineering or related field preferred or a corresponding number of years experience in technical operations or software engineering
- 4-6 years of experience with managing large clusters for technologies such as- , MongoDB, Spark
- 2-3 years of experience writing automation under Cloud formation, Terraform, chef, and running data platform in AWS/Azure.
- 6-8 years experience with Linux Server platform designing secure, reliable, highly available, performant data services.
- 2-4 years of supporting a large data platform and data pipelining.
- Expertise in database administration including configuration, implementation, data modeling, maintenance, redundancy/HA/DR, security, troubleshooting/performance tuning, upgrades, database, data and server migrations, SQL
- 3 or more years of IT operational experience supporting robust e-commerce, gaming or online businesses in a 24X7 production environment (oncall)
- Thorough understanding in Security implementations(IAM, SSL, encryption, firewall, wall garden) on Database, storage, network and Cloud environments. Participated in auditing exercise
- Expertise in configuring, implementing and supporting high availability redundancy strategies on systems including replication, clustering, log shipping, mirroring
- Expertise in database design and architectural principles and methodologies
- Expertise with Disaster Recovery planning and implementation
- Excellent knowledge of Storage subsystems- storage Engines, AWS Block storage, S3, EFS - types and relevant use cases.
- Ability to partner with relevant software vendors to determine near-term, long-term business impacts of product updates on our technology portfolio
- Knowledge of understanding of TCP/IP fundamentals (DNS, SSH), general networking technologies, AWS networking (VPC, security group), network architecture and connectivity troubleshooting.
- History of having architected solutions in the cloud (AWS), Cloud Migration project (AWS)
- AWS certification
- We really looking for someone who is a strong Technical Experience in doing AWS migration with strong focus on Data management, migration.
- We need someone with strong MongoDB skills for our immediate needs, but will need to him/her to be able to handle other data sources as well ie. dyanamo etc.
- Understands MongoDB and AWS is the key.
Ciber Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Keep discovering! Click here.
Ciber Global is an IT consulting company who partners with organizations to develop technology strategies and solutions that deliver tangible business value. Founded in 1974, Ciber is an HTC Global Services company. For more information, visit www.Ciber.com.