Please note I have direct access to the Hiring Manager on this position.
Contract to Hire Available.
A leading global Financial Services Company is looking for a MongoDB DBA. The company has been in business for 50+ years, has 2700+ employees, has $800+ in net income and has $2 Trillion in assets.
The company is running MongoDB v4.2.2 with 18 nodes and 4 sharded clusters supporting 5 TB s of high-volume transactional mission critical data (30K transactions/minute). The MongoDB DBA will be solely responsible for:
- Administering, monitoring, providing production support, optimizing and performance tuning mission critical MongoDB databases
- Designing and building high uptime and secure MongoDB databases as needed including clustering and database sharding for performance
- Optimizing schemas, queries and indexes, writing Python and Bash scripts, tuning for mission critical OO Python applications, quickly diagnose database and server problems and employ preventive measures to maintain high availability databases and Linux servers
- Participating in the rollout and migration from on prem cloud infrastructure to AWS Cloud environment, including migration of data to Amazon DocumentDB, DynamoDB and other key value stores.
The MongoDB DBA reports to the Big Data Infrastructure Lead
- Must be at the expert level with MongoDB administration, optimization and performance tuning
- Must have experience developing and supporting MongoDB clusters and shards
- Python and/or Bash scripting
- Familiarity or any experience with the following are a Plus only (NOT mandatory): AWS, migration of data to DynamoDB, DocumentDB or any key-value database, CI/CD, CloudFormation, database security, MariaDB and/or Cassandra
Once converted to an FTE permanent employee, the company offers Bonus, full benefits (PPO & HMO) including dental and vision, 4 weeks of paid vacation, paid sick days, matching 401K, Short and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, casual dress and flexible work hours that all start upon employment. Management is known for encouraging work life balance.