VariQ, a leader in innovative IT solutions and professional services for federal clients, is seeking motivated IT professionals like you who are eager to contribute to our critical Homeland Security missions. For the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS)
, VariQ anticipates performing software development and application enhancements on this O&M contract using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and DevSecOps processes. VariQ is excited to offer you a unique opportunity to join a SAFe Agile release planning team implementing CI/CD pipeline to support one our nation's most critical homeland missions - the storage and processing of student and exchange visitor information for national security, law enforcement, immigration and border management, intelligence, background investigations, and associated testing, training, management reporting, planning and analysis.
VariQ is seeking a highly motivated Senior MuleSoft Developer
to join our growing team to develop, support, and modernize mission-critical applications for our DHS customer. Additional Information:
- Security Clearance: Ability to attain a DHS EOD clearance required
- Available: ASAP
- Location: Arlington, VA/Tyson's Corner, VA
- Salary: dependent upon experience
- Understand Business Requirements, perform impact analysis and assess technical challenges/feasibility in achieving required business outcome
- Work with clients to design, develop, test, document, and deploy solutions on the Mulesoft Anypoint platform
- Design API layers, data model and specifications
- Develop APIs using Mulesoft platform components (i.e.: API Manager, CloudHub, AnyPoint Studio, Dataweave and Anypoint MQ)
- Test and improve performance of the APIs in terms of response time, reliability and resource usage
- Troubleshoot complex production issues with APIs, identify source of the issue and fix/work with the appropriate team to get the issue fixed
- Identify ongoing risks and pain points throughout the project, develop and implement mitigation measures
- Work with team to create and influence proper standards for development, governance and operational lifecycle
- Participate in the continuous improvement of MuleSoft & cloud integration operations and delivery
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent previous work experience
- 5+ years of development experience in Java/J2EE/JSE frameworks
- 3+ years of experience with MuleSoft 3 (RAML)
- Development experience with API's (i.e.: REST, SOAP, etc.)
- Experience with the following technologies: XML, JSON, Tomcat, Apache, SOA integration
- Experience with RDBMS such as Oracle or PostgreSQL
- Strong knowledge of containerization technologies such as Docker/Kubernetes etc.,
- Strong knowledge in the messaging frameworks such as Kafka, SQS, Pub/Sub, IBM MQ, Rabbit MQ etc.
- Background in Agile development
- Knowledge of migrations using Mule Anypoint platform
- MuleSoft Certified Developer- Level 1 (Mule 3 or 4)
- MuleSoft Certified Developer- Level 1 (Mule 4) DELTA
- Knowledge of Security, Logging, Auditing, Policy Management and Performance Monitoring for end to end process execution
- Knowledge of Open Source architectures and/or past contributions to open source projects
- Knowledge or previous experience in designing public and private enterprise secure services using RAML and REST based APIs
- Strong experience troubleshooting and resolving priority production incidents within the SLA's
- Ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders including Architecture, IT, Business, External Vendor, Systems Support teams to drive the incident resolution
- Strong skills in proactive and preventive monitoring
- Experience in AI based operations for integrations
- Experience with Rabbit MQ, ForgeRock Access Management, and SOAPUI
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change at any time. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. We consider diversity and inclusiveness to be core to our culture, and central to our commitment to fostering an empowering and supportive workplace.